camper shell dealer recommendations? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-07-2007   #1

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
camper shell dealer recommendations?

anybody have any particularly good experiences/dealings with any camper shell dealers in the metro area?

so I'm cleaning out my truck after camping this weekend to take the tacoma in for the 90k service and the bent ski-pole-hook i use to get stuff at the front, slips off the camping gear tub, and smacks right into the sliding side window, and POW, millions of glass shards all over the driveway--that's the price of being lazy, I guess...

...so now I need a replacement sliding side window for a Snugtop cap

AA Topper Sales is close to me, but I don't know anything about them or any others, so any help/beta would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Jay

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007   #2

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
i bought my topper at suburban topper in denver (on colfax, i believe?). they were great. i would recommend them to anyone in the market for a topper or needing repairs to one. not sure if they're a snugtop dealer.
Old 08-07-2007   #3

Duhrango
Suburban is great but I don't think they handle Snug Top brand. Not sure if you have to get a ST replacement window or not.
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007   #4

Littleton, Colorado
Thanks

Suburban unfortunately is not a snugtop dealer

I called AA and they seemed pretty cool. Unfortunately I have to replace the entire window, I can't just replace the broken pane which sucks, but it's "only" $150-$250 so I guess it could be worse
Old 08-07-2007   #5

Same thing happened to me..slider glass broke. Took it to a Auto Glass shop. They took out the window frame, made a outline of it and special ordered the glass. It took about 5 days but I think it was only ~$60-$70. Might be worth calling around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
Suburban unfortunately is not a snugtop dealer

I called AA and they seemed pretty cool. Unfortunately I have to replace the entire window, I can't just replace the broken pane which sucks, but it's "only" $150-$250 so I guess it could be worse
musquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #6

Littleton, Colorado
name of shop?

Do you have the name of the shop that did that? I called a place suburban recommended and they said they couldn't do it, and AA recommended Elite, but I'm afraid that they're quote will be more than what you paid since they're pretty big operation.
Old 08-07-2007   #7

I'm pretty sure it was Safelite Auto Glass in Boulder on 30th street.
They are a big company but the guy in the shop got way into it. I think he was happy to do something other than another windshield. I was surprised at the cost considering the guy had to take out something like 40 screws to
get the long side window frame out. But I think the glass in the topper is fairly cheap.
musquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007   #8

Littleton, Colorado
Thanks

Cool thanks--

That's reassuring, and makes some sense too, since Elite and Safelite are affiliated.

We'll see how it goes...
Old 08-07-2007   #9

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
If the glass companys dont work out give Nick D. a call @ Auto Accessories & Design 970-223-6870. I used to work with him and has been selling toppers his whole life! Tell him Carlson reffered you and he will hook you up. Also if you dont mind doing the work yourself you may want to call a few junkyards.

Eric
ecarlson972 is offline   Reply With Quote