Has anyone put camo graphics on their kayak like this - www.camo4u.com

If so, do you have pics?

curlrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011   #2

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
I have a Dagger Blackwater in camo. Came that way from the factory. It seats two people with a huge cockpit rim and is 14' long. I used to use it for duck hunting. Now it just hangs in the garage.
Lin3Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #3
swimming

Killeeen, Texas
we did a camo wrap and it turned out really nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016   #4

Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
Check out the Jackson Kayak Realtree Kilroy. Made for Duck hunting. Has camo graphics and a blind cover. http://jacksonkayak.com/blog/kayak/realtree-kilroy/

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018   #5
swimming

Killeeen, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlrip View Post
Has anyone put camo graphics on their kayak like this - www.camo4u.com

If so, do you have pics?
Anyone else?
Old 06-01-2018   #6

Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
WHY???? If you're trying to bag a river without a permit you'll have to change the color to match the river you're on, even then you still look like a boater paddling around in a camo boat. If you're duck hunting on the river just float up on them they'll spook and fly down river low then turn around an come back at you well in range. Deer hunting..... I suppose you can paint your boat blaze orange. Fish don't seem to mind what you wear. Moose? (see Deer).
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Ive seen a camo Saturn raft...best to make those boat as least visible as possible.
k2andcannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak1 View Post
WHY???? If you're trying to bag a river without a permit you'll have to change the color to match the river you're on, even then you still look like a boater paddling around in a camo boat. If you're duck hunting on the river just float up on them they'll spook and fly down river low then turn around an come back at you well in range. Deer hunting..... I suppose you can paint your boat blaze orange. Fish don't seem to mind what you wear. Moose? (see Deer).
Why indeed.... It would be foolish to paddle a camo kayak on any kind of whitewater. Remember the Liquid Logic "black ops" series?...... The whole point of the bright colors is so you stand out for safety purposes. If you want advice for a camouflage kayak for hunting, well then your probably not on the right website.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018   #9
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
I've done a bunch of cast and blast trips in my red NRS 15'. Sometimes I carry a couple of camo tarps to cover the whole setup if I plan to sit still. But I've found the best way to hunt ducks is either like Yac1 said or to float up to the upstream side of an island or bend and hop out and sneak up on whatever is sitting in the eddy below. A dog can be helpful if your ducks drop on the bank.
I'm pretty sure color doesnt matter to a deer or elk but I have noticed they spook quicker from a canoe than they do from a raft. I'd say it's probably more important to break up the outline of your body and conceal your face from big game.
Old 06-02-2018   #10

Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Last time I checked, (admittedly it was a couple of decades ago) in Colorado it's legal to float and hunt as long as you don't have motor. They probably frown upon you accidentally blowing out the windows of houses down range of your intended targets.
Getting back to the camo wraps, why would you want the extra weight to haul around.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote