calling that chick out and where's Grif??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-21-2008   #1

Golden, Colorado
calling that chick out and where's Grif???

OMG!! sorry folks but this just gets better... i had to start this back up b/c I just spent a better part of my morning reading through that chicks "almost lost my life" thread. to my dismay the discussion was closed??? WTF??? why did it get closed. that was one of the best posts i've seen on the Buzz in a long time. the buzzards all coming together as a community trying to pound some sense into some crazed newby. i love it! you guys are great...
anyway this is just too bizzare not to share. b/c of all the blatant contradictions in her story, i decide to check out her site that she was pimping. only b/c it just didn't seem right to me that someone would be this clueless.... you gotta be kidding me!! either she really is or she's doing some kinda social experiment on us. i think only Grif knows : )

go check it out for yourself and read up on all her guidelines and ethics page. i can't copy paste it b/c it's an image so here it is:
page5

Here's the highlights: no personal drama stories.. no cursing, no distorting facts, treat people with respect, should be honest and fair, no highlighting incidents out of context... it just keeps going!!!

this is just too bizzare or gotta be a troll. if she's legit, albeit totally psycho, this certainly isn't anyway to market her website. again... only Grif knows. WHERE ARE YOU GRIF??? WE WANT YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY!!

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008   #2

C. Springs, Colorado
Something must have happened at the put it...... since............ they were 2 hours late.......... and made her wait..........for an important date...........and you just can't wait...........maybe a little hate..........in the aire.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Discussion closed? Bummer. Very entertaining and educational thread. The kids were playing nice. Why did daddy have to ruin it and take the ball away and send the kids home?

Along with all the gauges lighting up as the season really gets rolling, I look forward to tales of class II near death experiences, dog fights at golden, and the various carnage reports such as the guy who didn't want folks to steal his raft off the pole he pinned it on. Its a nice daily dose of comedy.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008   #4

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouthpaddler View Post
Discussion closed? Bummer. Very entertaining and educational thread. The kids were playing nice. Why did daddy have to ruin it and take the ball away and send the kids home?
yeah WTF??? besides the social implications i thought it was very educational and much too single sided to kill the post.

far too too many questions left unanswered... what was the look on the cops face when she asked them to arrest her "friends" for not helping her drain her boat??? what was her "friends" doing that kept them from the takeout on time??? why were they sober??? PLEASE!!! MORE!!!
Old 05-21-2008   #5

conifer, Colorado
I once had a similar experience as her(near death in class II) it was in a swimming pool which has more current then the whitewater section! Her so-called friends, the motley crew, were late due to a pedicure which took longer than expected. They were sober due to the fact that they had to deal with that blogger biaaatch.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #6
Kjirsten

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
She really needs to rally for a law that requires everyone to have at least three months of Buzz membership before they can be flamed by all the insensitive, careless boaters on here, none of whom, apparently, would have tried to save her life from the KillerDeathFang Class II water.

Shame on you guys- the poor girl was trying to get justice from the apparent attempted inflatable manslaughter to which she was subjected...

But on a lighter note... I love kayakers. I'd row over rocks to save any of you from a certain death swim in class II water. And I'll have your beer ready from my cooler for after you catch your breath from blowing your whistle for help.
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #7

Gunnison, Colorado
I agree. I would like to hear Griff's side. I just read her responses and was kind of offended. Sure there were some smart ass (yet truthful) responses, but what do you expect from a forum of boaters. But many people gave solid, sincere answers and she says that she knows nobody here cares about people on the river. I wonder how many people have been saved by the boaters who posted on that forum. I would bet it's more than anyone would care to count. Maybe she thought I was being a dick when I said I would go swimming with her, but I wasn't. yakgirl...if you're reading this, I will honestly go swimming with you and teach you what I know about the river in order to help you get more comfortable swimming in it. A swift water rescue course would be a thousand times better, but my offer still stands.

P.S. props to summit for maintaining his cool and trying to keep a mature conversation going.
riverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #8

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboner View Post
yeah WTF??? besides the social implications i thought it was very educational and much too single sided to kill the post.

far too too many questions left unanswered... what was the look on the cops face when she asked them to arrest her "friends" for not helping her drain her boat??? what was her "friends" doing that kept them from the takeout on time??? why were they sober??? PLEASE!!! MORE!!!
Trev, you've been working from home too much and seem to have a nasty Dr. Phil infection.

You might try curbing your appetite for Daytime Drama by watching Monster Truckers on TNT.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #9

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
Trev, you've been working from home too much and seem to have a nasty Dr. Phil infection. You might try curbing your appetite for Daytime Drama by watching Monster Truckers on TNT.
nope, i'm at work and missing my telenovelas (spanish soaps if i wasn't I'd be down on the creek patrolling for vicious dogs. and it was probably you that closed the thread wasn't it???
Old 05-21-2008   #10
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
....... she says that she knows nobody here cares about people on the river. I wonder how many people have been saved by the boaters who posted on that forum.
I have personally saved 238 people from certain death in class 3 rapids. They were all rather well off paddle boaters though. And even at that I don't get out a rope or row harder until it is class 2 +. Until then I laugh from my comfortable throne as I decide everyone's fate.
Rescue up to class 2+ consists of yelling "Swim harder you wanker."
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote