Call to Action: Help a hurt kayaker. - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-10-2009   #1
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Call to Action: Help a hurt kayaker.

Some of you might have seen Jeremy's post here about losing the use of his hand to a band saw accident. This guy is amazing and super humble not even wanting to ask for help at all but I know the mountainbuzz community can come through for him like we did for Tony.

Please please consider donating money or products/services for an upcoming auction/fundraiser. The story and donate link is here: Jeremy Warner Hand Injury Extreme Care. Jeremy is in massive debt now due to our lovely american health care system so anything you can spare will help out this super cool kid.

If you aren't too squeamish check out the extent of the injury and think about all the times you use your hand! He will only have 10% sensation.

Feel free to contact me with anything else you can donate for the fundraiser we will have in February.

-mania

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009   #2

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I just pitched in, hang in there Jeremy, you'll be doing flat spins and your old tricks again in no time!
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #3
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Hey thank you! Looks like its mountainbuzz vs boatertalk with two donations from the east and two from the west so far. Jeremy and his mom are so excited by the kindness of strangers. You are making a difference in the world.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009   #4

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Done. Best of luck bro.

Come on guys, get it done.

Jeremy Warner Hand Injury Extreme Care
PaulGamache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Thanks jen, and paul for the donations it'll help out alot wiith transportation, and other costs. i'm feeling pretty exhasted so i think i'm going to go lay down, i'll be sure to check back soon
jeremy_warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009   #6

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I'm in.

Jeremy - hang tough!

Buzzards - this is a no-brainer. Jeremy and Tony both can use our help. These are tough times but surely we all can do something, however modest.

Steve
Old 12-11-2009   #7

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoSteve View Post
I'm in.

Jeremy - hang tough!

Buzzards - this is a no-brainer. Jeremy and Tony both can use our help. These are tough times but surely we all can do something, however modest.

Steve

Thanks steve, i appreciate your help! and as posted in my original thread anyone, and everyone that has posted has helped out, while not materialistically, it has boosted my moral. And again a huge thanks to mania for setting this up, and whatever donations you do decide to make whether it's $20.00 or $.20 its just as meaningful and appreciated
Old 12-14-2009   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Done. I know what it is like to have huge medical bills and no (or shitty) insurance. My wife had about $600k in medical bills a couple years ago. She had this shitty insurance that they gave us in college that had a $30K lifetime limit.
Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #9
gh

pnw, Colorado
Damn Jeremy, it looks like <insert any horror guy> sewed you up.
Old 12-31-2009   #10

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh View Post
Damn Jeremy, it looks like <insert any horror guy> sewed you up.
Well, gh it may look bad, but given the face my fore arm was about the souble the size they had 2 options. do a wound VAC and send me back hom, then bring me backafter swellling went down, OR sew it up. my surgeon and therapists are amazed at how i'm doing so far, i got fitted for my new brace, it will allow me to make a fist with time, and combat 'the claw' they said once all my wounds are completely sealed up, i should be able to do pool sessions by mid jan! sweet. i came up with a way of acing my hand to the paddle, i use a pogie and then wrap it with an ace while my hand is in it. it's not super sturdy but sturdy enough for a pool, and will allow me to pull out of it with a little effort as well.

Tags
donate, help a brother out, injury, kayaker