BV park article - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-01-2007   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
BV park article

South Main, Buena Vista, Colorado - BV Outdoors articles

here is a little wrap up article about the park in BV. I paddled there last evening for the first time since we finished. All three new drops were fun at 500cfs. The bottom feature, which was completely re-built this fall, was really fun. Super fast lefts and rights and while it was too cold to try it seemed plenty deep for loops and all the variations thereof.

Earl and I are going to try to get some video up soon. Enjoy and don't be shy about stopping in to CKS and thanking Earl for all his hard work on this project.

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007   #2

The next zone, .
To Earl and all at CKS - thanks for the work! With out Earl gettin people to meetings and following through none of the features would be there.

To Harv - I must have just missed you yesterday. Thanks for all the work and time you put in. With out you this also would not have been possible. I like all of the "new" spots - the bottom or last spot is super fun now at 500 cfs. Man it is good to have a fun park at 500 cfs.

Also a big thank you to the town of BV. With out the support of the town none of this would be possible. It is great to see the town of BV work with the AHRA so that all of this can get done. There is a ton of red tape to work through and it is great to have the two work together so that these spots can get in - and that the year to year support work can get done.

We also have to think about if the Selby's had not put in the work down there it would still be the old dump. A big thank you to Jed, Kate, and the crew at south main for gettin her done!
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #3

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
To Earl and all at CKS - thanks for the work! With out Earl gettin people to meetings and following through none of the features would be there.

To Harv - I must have just missed you yesterday. Thanks for all the work and time you put in. With out you this also would not have been possible. I like all of the "new" spots - the bottom or last spot is super fun now at 500 cfs. Man it is good to have a fun park at 500 cfs.

Also a big thank you to the town of BV. With out the support of the town none of this would be possible. It is great to see the town of BV work with the AHRA so that all of this can get done. There is a ton of red tape to work through and it is great to have the two work together so that these spots can get in - and that the year to year support work can get done.

We also have to think about if the Selby's had not put in the work down there it would still be the old dump. A big thank you to Jed, Kate, and the crew at south main for gettin her done!
word. 1234567
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007   #4

Kayaker, SUP Paddler., Mexico, SLP
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Skype™ to paddletime
Oh Yes

I agree....thanks Mike and Earl....I just spent an hour surfin that second feature...the wave with the sweet little pocket....nothin but fun!!!

Thanks Guys

Aaron
paddletime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark