BV locals Rule the Pine Creek Race!!!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-15-2007   #1

The next zone, .
BV locals Rule the Pine Creek Race!!!!!

The Pine Creek Race was great this year. Thanks to all that made it possible. The beat downs were epic many swimmers Piney even served up a beat down pie for EJ!

Also TEAM PYRAHNA AND DEMSHITZ paddler and Summer BV local Dave Fucilli took the gold by about a foot. Good job ball! Dave also said that he won this one "for the kids" - just like Dave - thinkin of the kids!

Second was brought home by the man Dre.

Kevin Driscoll was also another BV local in the top 8.

It was great to see some local Buena Vista paddlers taking the top 3 of the top 8 spots. Not too shabby when you look at the field.

Just a quick poke but did any Salider paddlers even compete?

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007   #2

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I am really proud of Dave and Dre. I heard Dave talking trash Nascar style to the other competitors hiking up the track. I think he told Dre to borrow a full face from someone so he didnt have to break his nose.....

And, are they called beat down pies now?
bailito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #3

The next zone, .
So was there even a Salida boater in the race?

Also I loved how demshitz and pyrahna boys (and I have to say girls - Shannon's lines rocked) prepaired for the race by running laps of Lake Creek at high water for about week before the race.

The best shit talkin I heard was when it looked like it might be a Dre and 3 Pyrahna boats in the finals - Talk of boxin the Doctor in, unscrewing drain plugs, and the like were goin around. The final race with Kirk, Dre, and Dave all hittin the last boof with in a couple of seconds was great to watch!

This race is the best addition that the folks down at Fibark have added in quite some time. I am sure next year will be just as good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2007   #4

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
PC Race @ the Steamplant, Saturday @ 10:30!!!!!!!
shuttelhunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #5

JV-

To answer your question about Salida paddlers in the race-

I don't know if there were any, sounds like not.

Bottom line: Salida paddlers do not need competitions to validate themselves or their paddling prowess.

Ok, what am i doing on the computer? time to get outside, boat and go to fibark.

lates....
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #6

The next zone, .
Yea I hope to make it down tonight for the video - it will be fun to watch all those beat downs again.

I wish that I could boat or go to FIBARK today but I am stuck here at work for the next while .

And Kyle was the only salidllian that I saw there.
Old 06-16-2007   #7

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post
JV-

To answer your question about Salida paddlers in the race-

I don't know if there were any, sounds like not.

Bottom line: Salida paddlers do not need competitions to validate themselves or their paddling prowess.

Ok, what am i doing on the computer? time to get outside, boat and go to fibark.

lates....
if that makes salida feel better then great. Who is claiming Brook???
bailito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
RDNEK, did you get up and see the film? Was it quality? Couldnt make Fibark this year due to my shitty job but wanted to be their vicarously. Is it up as a link yet? podcast?
Old 06-17-2007   #9

The next zone, .
No I did not make the film - I went boatin here in Bv at dark last night- it was great nobody out. I just got one of them h2audio things so i can listen to my I pod while on the wave. I got a bit distracted and a couple of hrs went by.

I imagine that the film is great. I also am looking to buy one if anyone has the link it would be great to order one. Did anyone see it? Marco probably knows where to get one.

Now as far as the Saliva thing.

Meng - why would salider hold and market the biggest contest in the western us (FIBARK) if "saliver paddlers do not need competetions to validate themselves or their paddling prowess"

Like balito said whatever makes salida paddlers feel better.

Also I am not sure where Brook lives but she sure gives it like a BV paddler. I heard that she ran stupid falls a week or so ago - she is lookin more like a BV paddler every day!
Old 06-17-2007   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
How are the BV features at this flow? havent really been up this year on a playboating trip.