Buena Vista is Awesome. - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-07-2009   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Buena Vista is Awesome.

Just wanted to make a public declaration of my BV Envy. I worked up there this fall on the next phase of the whitewater park and spent the entire time wishing I had never moved down valley back in '98. I even had Selby out showing me property. BV kicks total ass. BV is not the problem. I am. Ever since I moved away I have become a total class II bed-wetter. Just ask JV. I could not even keep myself out of the S Bend hole on my one Numbers run for the entire season. If I moved back to BV I would have to make excuses all the time for why I am not up paddling Lake Creek every night. I can just stay safe and sound down here in Salida with the artists and playboaters. Wow, it feels better to have that off my chest....

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009   #2

Winter Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
I will have to second that one. Grew up there (with JV and Coby and a few others...) and do miss it a lot.
bigwatertoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #3

Yes, many things about BV are pretty damn awesome - especially if you have the JV/Cobe back country hook for the winter.
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
There is a lot going on down in the whitewater park right now. Here is a pic from yesterday:

and now it is going to be even more awesome,
thanks Mike!
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010   #5

The next zone, .
Buena Vista is awesome (period) - I just love the way you wrote that Harv... I was in Reno for the big snow in early Dec when this thread first hit the streets so I did not see it to make a comment!!!

All kiddin aside the work that Harv, the Selbys, and everyone involved amazes me every time the next "update" of the BV park happens. For the summer of 2010 it looks like 2 totally new spots and they re worked 2 of the other spots... Should make a great park even better!!

Good work boys and thanks for yet another round of new spots and updates!!!! I cant wait until run off and we see how the new park is working but until then I will just have to fill the void with pow lines in the BC.. Harv when you get done let me know lets get in some pow!!
Old 02-08-2010   #6

The next zone, .
Yea the past couple of days in the BC here around BV did not suck... I timed it for you guys - it take me 30 min to get here once I walk out the door of my house....

Old 02-08-2010   #7

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
sweet pic NEK. I am going to rally with you boys. Maybe next week once we get things under control in BV.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #8

Winter Park, Colorado
Nice V!! RAGIN'
bigwatertoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #9
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
So, hard to tell for sure from the photo, but... is there any good paddling in BV right now? Is the upper hole in?
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #10

Durango, Colorado
Hey, could you guys come down here and talk some sense into the Durango City Council? We need to get our shit together and figure our "park" out.
Dwave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buena vista