Boulder/Longmont/lyons/Denver boaters want a beer? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-03-2009   #1

Boulder/Longmont/lyons/Denver boaters want a beer?

hey guys and gals, I have been here for a year and still have yet to really meet any boaters. I admit my whitewater is a touch rusty, but that's why I am headed up to Montana in April to recert myself and get some kick ass whitewater... likewise I have been doing laps at the Boulder Res. I have only been able to go to one local roll session (times are usually during prime ski times) but it all comes down to the fact that aside from dragging my non-boater friends into boats that are probably a touch too much for them, I have no kayaking buddies here.

There for I am putting it out there.. anyone want some free beer? I would love to just get together with some local boaters, kick it, drink a pint, and possibly maybe down the road drop our boats in the same creek.

ok.. translation of all of that :

I WILL BUY YOU A BEER IF YOU LIKE TO BOAT!

mtthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
hehe try attending the local pool sessions- du pool tues. night, longmont pool sunday eve or boulder pools, this way you wont be buying beer for not so good paddlers! I am sure laps on the res is ok but not a good supplement for water flow that pulls or pushes you
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #3

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Come out to the Spring Kick Off Thursday night at Old Chicago's. There will be tons of boaters there!

Here's the thread: https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...rty-23001.html

Laurie
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
hehe try attending the local pool sessions- du pool tues. night, longmont pool sunday eve or boulder pools, this way you wont be buying beer for not so good paddlers! I am sure laps on the res is ok but not a good supplement for water flow that pulls or pushes you

yeah that has been what has sucked.. i mean.. kayaking in the 25mph gusts today was worth it, although my buddy couldn't keep up and I had to keep going back to make sure his stupid butt didn't flip. Teaches me not to always trust that when someone says "yeah I kayak" that they actually know how to get in a boat.

wha?!?!?! sounds to me like you are turning down a free beer.... lol j/k

Like I said I did two pool sessions so far these past few months, but usually I am skiing on sun, tue, and thurs.... after a day on the slopes it is somewhat hard for me to muster the energy to go hit the pool and roll for a few hours.

Thanks for the reply though.. nice to know there are still a few paddlers in this area. I have been downtrodden after hearing a guy say "yeah they used to paddle here in Boulder, but we/noone does it any more because it's not something you can do by yourself"..... bah.. that's why I left over the summer and went back home to WA and did some scary water....

and as far as the Confluence party.... COUNT ME IN!!! just saw that posting and put it in my sched to attend.. might have to avoid skiing last chair.. but it will be worth it.
mtthumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer, boulder