Boulder Creek this weekend - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-12-2015   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Boulder Creek this weekend

Have rafted Boulder creek several times this season and am looking to kayak it. Just living a block from the creek I feel that I need to take full advantage of what it has to offer throughout the runnable months. Haven't been kayaking in a while but understand whitewater from experience. I just finally pieced together a kayak outfit. I have my rolls down and have been practicing in still water, revamping my basic skills. Enough of the background info, I am trying to get on some moving water. If anyone is going out this weekend and I can tag along that would be awesome. I really need to get off the pond and on the real water. Going with someone who is experienced in kayaking would help me out a lot. I'm not asking for a babysitter just someone to keep an eye I me and run safety. I know the water is high and like I said I've been rafting it the creek in a 13ft oar rig for th past couple weeks. It's perfect right now. Thanks
Trevor

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Going to run it regardless. Going to put in above eben g and take out at fate. Concerns or suggestions??? Comments? If its going well I may do a few runs
Old 06-13-2015   #3

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Put in above the park...I hope you mean at the top of the park not up the canyon like 4mile or BB down. Try to get on some nicer runs like NSV, filter plant etc... before you try anything in the canyon.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2015   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I'd be down for a town run.
Zach McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Nice yea I put in at the top of Eben G. park and cruised down to Fate. had some rafter buddies with me in rafts. Still would like to go out with a kayaker....much faster than the rafts. and maybe show me a thing or two. Right now the creek is at its finest. Let me know Zach I live right here in town and can be ready in a moments notice

Tags
boulder, boulder creek