Boulder Creek needs some cleaning.. anyone up for it today at 5ish? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-03-2013   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Boulder Creek needs some cleaning.. anyone up for it today at 5ish?

OK, so I can officially say that as of yesterday at 4pm, the Barker Rez is spilling over the dam... What this means is that we are about to have an amazing Boulder Creek season in the next couple days.

Riding on my motorcycle, I saw a couple substantial sized logs in the run and also noticed a lot of stuff that is near the river edge and likely to get pulled in as levels rise. The last thing I want to be doing is river work once these levels start jumping, so I am considering tonight is the last night to expect low flows that provide safe/easy wood cleanup...

I am planning to head up with a couple ropes, z drag kit, and see what I can get done. We can meet at the pullout on the right, just before going into the canyon at 5pm... If anyone wants to help, give me a holler... 3 0 3 5 1 7 2 6 2 1...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013   #2

Hey marty,
I can do it tomorrow
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #3

Boulder, Colorado
My chainsaw needs some love to get back up and running. Are they big ones or can we get them with a cordless sawzall? Heck of
A
Lot lighter to to carry in the boat too.

Do you see this being a car/roadside mission or would we float it?

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I'll join this mission any day this week. Time to do some flossing.

7 one 9 5 one 0 ate ate 0 0
jsyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #5

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Good job Dave and Ryan. Appreciate the help last night. She's a bit cleaner but to anyone else that has a chain saw at the moment there are two logs that are making the upper blue bridge put-in unrunnable at the moment. Could really use some help and a few folks to get in there ASAP. It's gonna be a great level (likely) by Friday and these logs are not avoidable. An absolute waste to not be able to paddle that upper iv++ put-in.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #6

Boulder, Colorado
So we got some of the wood out, including a 20' section of foot bridge that could have ended up somewhere worse as water comes up. There is however a big bummer of a river wide log just above Blue Bridge that will take a bigger and more motivated team, with a little more daylight than we had. IT will require ferrying to the the other side to hook it up, then four strong guys to pull from the road, and maybe a chain saw to facilitate getting it above high water.

I'd work on this tonight if we have some more volunteers and a saw, otherwise I'll paddle elsewhere.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to bolsito
I don't have a chainsaw but I can help tonight.
bolsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #8

Longmont, Colorado
Nice work all! I won't be able to get up there until next week, glad to hear it's about to run, so fun!
crackeryaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 09
I have a chainsaw and am planning on doing a Blue Bridge down run after work tomorrow 5/6. Could do some work on the big log before or after the run.
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #10

OTR, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I am hoping to run blue bridge down tomorrow- as long as orodell gauge is above or close to 300 cfs. I would also be down to show up early (any time tomorrow: June6 for that matter) and do some wood removal. I will check back on thread, or call/ txt me eight-six-zero-8-7-4-one-five-one-nine

Scott

P.S. 5/6 Mocha? Looking forward to seeing your time machine....
SKeen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boulder