boating quote - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-11-2004   #1

Dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
boating quote

From The Wind in the Willows

Quote:
Believe me, my young friend, (said the water rat solemnly), there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats. Simply messing... nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular.

ZLSeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2004   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I don't know about all of that.

"Cheers, to huckin' and fuckin'"

cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #3

C. Springs, Colorado
Re: boating quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLSeth
From The Wind in the Willows

Quote:
Believe me, my young friend, (said the water rat solemnly), there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats. Simply messing... nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular.
I have a DVD that I bought at the Grand Canyon rim that starts off with that same quote. If you haven't seen it, find a copy and watch it. It has some great black and white footage and tells the history of early river running on the Colorado and Green rivers. It's called " Run the Wild Colorado! ...... River Runners of the Grand Canyon."
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2004   #4
Ron

Monroe, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
And Jesus said, "put your boat out in the water".
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004   #5

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
ever see the cheesy movie, BREAKDOWN with Kurt Russel?... he jumps his jeep into a river to get away from the BAD GUYS then he pins his jeep and is forced to swim for it...thru a nice drop 4+ ish ...anybody recognize the drop or river? probably a cali river....gay movie, nice drop!
milo is offline   Reply With Quote