Boating in Mexico - Guadalajara area? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-12-2004   #1

Boating in Mexico - Guadalajara area?

I may be going to the Guadalajara, Mexico area with my Uncle Jan 3-11th (first time out of the country! ), and I was wondering if there are any rivers worth mentioning nearby for scouting purposes. My boyfriend and his buddie(s) were thinking about heading down in the near future for some boating. Any suggestions?

Withdrawn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2004   #2

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Hey there,

I went to Guadalajara this summer so before I left I did a boater talk search on the topic. Sad to say I found nothing. Here is the link to the Boater talk search page.... http://www.boatertalk.com/search.php type in Guadalajara.

Cool place to visit. I spent two weeks building houses for poor people that live on the banks of Lake Chapala.

Sorry,

ben

ben
benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #3

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
It might be worth grabbing Gringo's Guide to Mexican Whitewater (2nd Ed.) from Tom Robey. He has some remote stuff in there. I'll check my copy when I get home tonight to see if anything's close.

Either way, the Mexican interior (away from the tradtional tourist spots) is fantastic. Have a great time.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote