Boating Couple seeks Boating Couple - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-25-2006   #1

Boating Couple seeks Boating Couple

Not anything kinky, but we lost our dynamic couple to Oregon. We have Tues. and Weds. off. . This week we are looking at OBJ, Bailey or Gore- in that order- Check out our previous adventures
www.teamkellum.blogspot.com. Singles welcome as well...
Do any other couple boaters experience the pressures that come with creekin' together? I always feel like my husband is having less fun than he did single, b/c now he seems concerned about my lines. Any discussion would be great...

nkellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006   #2

castle rock
Send a message via AIM to liam dunn
in the videos, the one of colorado playspots, where is that? the first clip
liam dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #3

The lower BV hole-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006   #4

Nice Blog! DK- I didn't know you were such a snowboard hucker! (This is Chris from Salida).
My lady is not too much into boating, but I'll go single anytime...had fun running the Gorge with you guys earlier this year. And we're always up for dinner etc.. anytime you guys are in town. We do like to snowboard together in the winter so if you guys swing that way we should meet up for some riding days.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #5

hey chris! do you think you could do Bailey on Tues. or Wed. - we need a good guide
Old 06-25-2006   #6

I think my wife and I met you guys at the Chattooga bridge when we were back in SC this spring - we were in the white VW van. Anyway, we'de be interested in boating but OBJ and Gore are a bit above our ability. We're in Avon and are usually off Wednesday and Thursday.

-Todd & Charlotte
tshollenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #7

Quote:
Do any other couple boaters experience the pressures that come with creekin' together?
Yes. Always. But, we've also had some great runs down good creeks together. In my opinion, as soon as you get on a creek you are no longer a couple, but are just boating partners and have to look out for each other just as you would anyone else in the group (ie not more or less). I think its difficult for a couple because there is usually only one women and a bunch of men. We don't get along as well kayaking, because I really like to push myself and sometimes my girlfriend isn't ready. Snowboarding and mtn biking are much easier, because our skill level is closer together.

I'm free around weekends the most, but do have some week days open occasionally. Could be interested in Bailey tomorrow...
Old 06-26-2006   #8

Bailey????

Kyle- we would love to do Bailey- it would be our VIrgin run and we would like to go with someone who knows it. The boating as a couple is not all negative- we have ran a lot of great rivers together, but I agree it is easier to snowboard and bike as a couple than it is to boat...
Old 06-27-2006   #9

Paddling Since: 1993
As far as the couple thing goes I only paddle class 3/4 with my girl but that is her choice. I do believe however that if you can get past the concern for each other and focus on the task at hand paddling together can be a very rewarding experience. Good for comunication.
mrekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #10

I had the luck of hooking up with Natalie and Daren on Clear Creek. Wow, they know how to have fun on the river.

There aren't many solid class V couples like this around. Too bad they couldn't find someone to take them down Bailey.

Nice blog at http://www.teamkellum.blogspot.com./
cstork is offline   Reply With Quote