Boat Rental in Veracruz, Mexico or surrounding? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 12-18-2012   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Boat Rental in Veracruz, Mexico or surrounding?

So I have a bit of a travel situation. I have a ticket to Veracruz to go paddle the Alaseca area from the 29th to the 6th of January but the person who was supposed to be driving my boat down had to cancel last minute. All the boats at AdventuRec are already spoken for and I am struggling trying to find a decent rental creek boat in the area. Need something in the 80 gallon region. My US leg of the flight is United Express so they won't take anything over 73" and shipping looks to be about 7-900 each way. Rather not blow off my vacation and lose a chunk of money on my ticket so I figured I try here for some suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help. I could sure use it.

Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Gary E is there now - maybe you could talk him into leaving his boat down there for you. Then all you have to do is bribe the airline worker to put the boat on the plane home for $50

Quick search: http://www.yumping.com.mx/kayaks/ave...aks--e19657066

You could also try contacting Grant Amaral to see if he has any boats down that way for rent.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #3

. ., Kairotic
Thanks El Flaco.

I'm all set to go to Veracruz, but as Warren notes, he needs a creekboat. Do you know how to get hold of Gary E.? Is he staying at Aventurec?

I sent Grant an email and posted a message on his facebook page a few weeks ago, but he hasn't gotten back with me.
fullmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012   #4

Golden, Colorado
Gary E on the Buzz, Gary Edgeworth in person: Mountain Buzz - View Profile: Gary E

Send him an IM through the Buzz and it should get to his email address.
Old 12-20-2012   #5

Warren - check out: Esprit | Mexico | Week of Rivers | Whitewater Paddling, Rafting & Kayaking

Last time I was paddling in the Veracruz area we spent a bit of time in Jalcomulco. Granted this was 10 years ago. There are some great rivers nearby. Esprit had an impressive supply of kayaks for rent back then, and may be worth looking into since it appears they still run kayak trips there. Hope this helps...
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #6

. ., Kairotic
Jennifer,

I contacted Jim Coffey, who operated Esprit in Jalcomulco, December 8 and he said that his company has moved to Costa Rica.

Thanks though.
Old 12-21-2012   #7

. ., Kairotic
Thanks El Flaco!

I just got off the phone with Gary and we are set on boats now He's leaving his Karma in Mexico.

He also gave me some up-to-date beta on the flows on the Alseseca and Rio de Oro.

Mucho gracias amigo!
Old 12-21-2012   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Thank You

Thanks for the info. Looks like Gary is gonna hook me up with his boat when I'm down there so no more cancelled trip I do appreciate the lead.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #9

Golden, Colorado
Good to hear- Gary's good like that. Have fun; I'm jealous. The one time I made it that far south I was able to boat the Antigua and the Filo-Bobos, but no one in my crew wanted to hit the Alseseca or some of the bigger stuff.
Old 02-22-2013   #10

victoria, B.C.
Paddling Since: 2004
help! Veracruz in March

I'm heading to Mexico. Is there going to me any water/boating in March and /or any boat rental?

cheers,
Clay D
clax is offline   Reply With Quote