Boat left on Bailey???? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-28-2011   #1

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Boat left on Bailey????

Yesterday we saw what looked like an abandoned Pyrhana Burn on the shore river left in the steeps, I think it was right after the S-turn steep. It looked like it had the outfitting stripped out of it.

Anyone know who's boat that is and if they are planning on retrieving it?

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011   #2

Boulder, Colorado
I sure hope someone goes in after their boat. The last thing we need in there is to be leaving our stuff behind! We need to be SO SO conscientious in there, especially to ensure the future of BAILEY FEST!!!!!
Old 08-28-2011   #3

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Listen.....no more Mr Nice guys! If that is your boat go F'n get it or let someone know your going to get it!!!!
Don't know about you, but if someone took the time to strip the outfitting; they likely are planning to abandon it! Losers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I have no idea, but maybe the river stripped the outfitting?

If this is your boat, I bet Ian can get you in touch with a local to go retrieve it. Pm deepsouthpaddler.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Dave, didn't you read summit's post? NO MORE MR NICE GUY!!!!
Your post is entirely too civilized! Ha!

It hadn't occured to me that someone stripped the outfitting, I just assumed the river had done it...regardless of the case, whoever's boat it is should figure out how to get it outta there.

SHOW YOURSELF BOAT LEAVER!!!! just kidding, just get your boat.
Old 08-28-2011   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
There was a boat reportedly pinned in the steeps at bailey fest. It was mostly submerged and not accessible at 420 cfs. The owner contacted me about talking to the 4 falls landowners to try to go in and get it. No word it this is the same boat or not. I would guess flows dropped and someone was able to get the pinned boat out and put it up on the bank. Mother nature strips outfitting very efficiently.

I've been in contact with the 4 falls landowners after some issues at bailey fest. I will be meeting with a representative from the multiple landowners at rivercliffe (4 falls property owners) to discuss improvements and communication for future bailey fest events. I am planning on discussing issues around retrieving lost gear, and boatless or injured paddlers hiking out when we meet. I'll post what we come up with.

Best option is to get your gear out without hassling the landowners if possible. I've towed boats out on the flatwater and paddled cracked boats out 1/2 full of water with a foot long crack in them.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #7

Evergreen, Colorado
It is my boat was waiting for the water to come down, getting permission from the land owners to grab it I will go in this week. Who ever pulled it out must have stripped the outfitting or the water did it. It will be taken out of there thats a promise! The landowners will be contacted tomorrow night!
pyranha_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011   #8

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Thank you for your honesty and willingness to get it out!
Old 08-28-2011   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Listen.....no more Mr Nice guys! If that is your boat go F'n get it or let someone know your going to get it!!!!
Don't know about you, but if someone took the time to strip the outfitting; they likely are planning to abandon it! Losers!
wow, you really softened up there summit

Pyranha_rev, I bet it was the river that stripped it...good luck retrieving it. Maybe there's not too much, or any, damage to the shell. Good Luck.
Old 08-28-2011   #10

Evergreen, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaout View Post
wow, you really softened up there summit

Pyranha_rev, I bet it was the river that stripped it...good luck retrieving it. Maybe there's not too much, or any, damage to the shell. Good Luck.
The boat folded on my legs I shouldn't have been over there in the first place, it was me being careless and boofing off a horizon line I didn't scout.
pyranha_rev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bailey