Bluuuuuegrass!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-10-2008   #1

Bluuuuuegrass!!

Several of us from Laramie were thinking about doing an overnight on Bluegrass just for fun. Lapping the upper drop a bunch Sat camping out on the river, then lapping the Main Event multiple times on Sun before the paddle out.

Anyone else might be interested?
Forrest

yakapelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008   #2

I've thought about this. It would be really cool for lapping the shit out of the top drop. But, pretty much much the entire run is private property. The guy who owns the put-in apparently keeps an eye on the road out there. I don't know how cool he is (cool enough to let us drive through his land to the put-in) and I don't know how many different land owners you go through as you move down the river, but I wouldn't want to screw things up. I've seen numerous groups on horses, atv's etc. when on the run so I don't know if you could go completely unnoticed. Ideally, it'd be cool to find out who owns the land and get permission. Maybe you guys know more about the ownership, though.

I can't make it up this weekend but I'd really like to get on there next Sunday if any of you boys are game.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
forest whos all going?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008   #4

Dave Kemper, hopefully schmitty, myself and austin if he can get off work. you thinkin about it? there is some public land to camp on isn't there?
Old 09-11-2008   #5

Bozeman, Montana
whos cares? i was thinking if you could camp towards the beginning of the granite you could find a little beach or something tucked away from view? probably couldn't have a fire without being spotted.
Old 09-11-2008   #6

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1994
The access roads leading from Tunnel Road to the tunnel mouth/put in are all on public lands. The first 1/2 mile of action as well as the first 1.5-2 miles of flat are also on state lands. The take out itself lies on a highway right-of-way so I wouldn't be too concerned about ranchers and land owners catching on to any secrets; but the current non-hostile situation does help for lunch breaks, scouts etc. on the private land in the middle. A low key campout in one of the granite mini-gorges, as Mike mentioned, would likely go undetected and not be overly offensive to most landowners.
I'd love to go, but we'll have to see about this bullshit new job of mine and if you all keep up this talk I might just have to be driven to early retirement.
Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #7

early retirement!!! you don't need that shite... lets go paddle.
Old 09-11-2008   #8

Bozeman, Montana
if we got better cell reception i would be in, im suppose to be on call this weekend. i might be able to get down there.
Old 09-11-2008   #9

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1994
Mike, I'm out for the overnighter. I have some other shit to get done, but I would rally for a day trip on Sunday if you're in.
Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #10

Ya'll just want to rally for a Sunday throwdown? I'm actually thinking of kiting Saturday now that you guys are pussin out.