Bloody Handles - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-17-2006   #1

Indian Hills, Colorado
Bloody Handles

I'm suffering from "severe trauma to love handles" from my Wavesport Project. I have toyed with the back band plenty, but the webbing still cuts chunks out of my side. It's mostly the result of torso rotation when wheelin." Recomendations? Thoughts? Yeah, yeah, loose some weight fatass. My lady already gave me that useful piece of advice. I'm worried that approach could get in the way of beer-drinkin'

DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2006   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Yo Dan! Had the same problemo with the EZG. Seems that the backband strap tends to ride right on the love handles. What I found was that the rubbing of it moved up shirt and shorts apart to expose flesh and resulted in a hurtin! Once I figured out how to stuff my shirt into my shorts and always keep my side covered, this problem went away. Before that though, I got some major strawberries! Ouch!

Good luck.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #3

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
yup, pretty much the same for the Jackson and my handles, might not be quite as bad... but the only solution seems to be to keep it covered. although, I'm sure you could rig some sort of cover for it that is a bit more forgiving.
tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2006   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Oh, the pains of Over-30 boating! Glad I don't have to seal myself up in one of those plastic caskets!

Maybe you (and I) should just take Kate's advice...

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #5

HEY FAT ASS!

Get in a raft, that way your fat rolls have room to grow and get tan at the same time. Also the hard shell fags will be at your mercy with the warm Milwaukee's Best Light in your boat!
teamamericawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #6

bloody love handles

No fix with the boat- but I got some of those off brand under armors at WalMart- buy a size big enough to use the length of the shirt to guard your love handles---
nkellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006   #7

Indian Hills, Colorado
Rafting smafting! Put a few layers of duct over the handles. Problem solved.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #8

Barge a layer of foam to your side. By the time it comes off, you will be too old to throw wheels or anything else for that matter, unless you are John from Wyoming, that guy rocks!
De la Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #9

I wrapped the straps with sections of terry cloth. I also had to put foam incasing them at the sides of the cockpit and wrap that foam over to make it a tighter fit above the leg and hip. The terry cloth needs to be replaced every season, but keeps the straps from cutting you up.

Ken
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote