Bliss-Stick Boats? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-01-2008   #1

B.F.E., Wyoming
Bliss-Stick Boats?

I've been looking into the Super Rad 180 and tried one out today. It felt really good but I am kind of worried with all the bolts the boats have... Have any of you had any problems with a really leaky bliss-stick or do they hold pretty well?

freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
bliss stick is the problem.. stick with the liquidlogic until next season. hit some gear swaps and get some good shit.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #3

Leadvillian, Colorado
mine doesn't leak

I've been paddling a Super RAD 180 for nearly three years and haven't had a problem with it leaking. It's important to get a good skirt and I always put silicone over the bolt holes with a little square of duct tape on top. I've really enjoyed my RAD - good luck if you buy it!
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008   #4

B.F.E., Wyoming
How are Bliss-Stick boats in general? Warranties? Plastic? I can't beat the price and the boat kicks ass... Anything to keep me from buying one would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2008   #5

Denver, Colorado
solid boats at a reasonable price. The price is right because there is no distributor taking a cut and not because they are cutting corners which is what a lot of folks on the buzz would like to believe. All sales go directly through the manufacturer. Generally the CO boaters slam Bliss-Stick with no foundation other than they are brand loyal to some other company. In fact I'd bet that most people who have some reason to slam Bliss have never even paddled one and if they have they paddled it with less than an open mind. The plastic is solid I've never had any abnormal leakage that I couldn't attribute to a spray skirt. You are not making a mistake buying a Bliss-Stick and you won't find a more friendly custy service. OK so now I'll make room in the thread for all the eddy whiners spouting how 'the plastic is thin, soft etc etc' all total BS.
Old 08-01-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repa View Post
solid boats at a reasonable price. The price is right because there is no distributor taking a cut and not because they are cutting corners which is what a lot of folks on the buzz would like to believe. All sales go directly through the manufacturer. Generally the CO boaters slam Bliss-Stick with no foundation other than they are brand loyal to some other company. In fact I'd bet that most people who have some reason to slam Bliss have never even paddled one and if they have they paddled it with less than an open mind. The plastic is solid I've never had any abnormal leakage that I couldn't attribute to a spray skirt. You are not making a mistake buying a Bliss-Stick and you won't find a more friendly custy service. OK so now I'll make room in the thread for all the eddy whiners spouting how 'the plastic is thin, soft etc etc' all total BS.
Best plastic I have own, I have tried to destroy the Mystic for two seasons and nothing yet. They are very very safe and easy to paddle. I have tried every other boat out there including crapy LL. The plastic is the best i have seen. You guys need to paddle one before opening your mouth. I have a riot magnum 80 that I think is a very nice boat but the service and the plastic sucks....just demo as much as you can.
perropirana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #7

B.F.E., Wyoming
Thanks for the input...Sounds like most people that have one like it a lot and have no problems with leakage so I might have a new investment soon. Thanks for all the feedback
Luke
Old 08-02-2008   #8

Ski Patrol
Biker.

I have paddled Bliss Stick for about 5 years from now and I have never had any major problems. I did however crack a Hucka after 3 hard seasons of creeking in CO. Too many OBJ laps to count. Now it is retired as a roadside mank boat. The 180 is a sweet playboat that runs river quite well. The Mystic rules plain and simple.

good luck.
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
I paddled a super rad for 6 months while living in NZ. I liked the boat; mine was a factory second and a little undercooked, but the design was solid; decent river-runner for its length, loops better than my kingpin. I had a harder time engaging the nose on the rad to set up cartwheels though; it's a little higher volume than the kingpin bow.
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #10

Hello from ireland!!!

Hey guys.Ya.I've been paddeling a Rad 185 for over a year now.I've got nothing bad to say about it.It even survived a 6 foot drop on the nose with me in.(and i'm no tooth-pick...about 195lb's!!!).Anyway.I would definatley suggest a RAD 180.I myself am in a RAD 185.Hope you're happy wath your decisian!!!!Good luck
Vampireman is offline   Reply With Quote