Blast from the Past - Poudre Posse Video - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-04-2008   #1

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Blast from the Past - Poudre Posse Video

Bored at work? I found this grainy ass video in my archives from when the Y Boat still ruled the scene. Circa '03 - Poudre Posse learning to kayak. Kind of funny. Editing was done in maybe a couple of hours and quality is just horrible, but it is cool for me to see the first time we fired up Big Thompson, West Fork Clear Creek, OBJ, SSV and Bluegrass. Rando (red Y boat), Lotsa (black/purple/red Y), T. Hawkins (red Y), and myself (yellow Y) are featured. So goofy but don't hate on it too hard. Just trying to entertain on a Friday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008   #2

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Thanks for the vid but 2003 is not "Old School." In fact kayaking had evolved so much up to that point that (IN COMPARISON) it hasn't even changed much since then.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #3

Mad Scientist/Creeker
You're very correct. Guys like Gary E are old school. Stubbys are bordering on old school but the Y boat is still a good boat around the same dimensions as most new school creek boats. Just old school for me and our group of friends. That was the first year we really started to push each other. So, ya, old school is kind of a misnomer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008   #4
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
What up, playa. I knew what ya meant by ol school. Nice vid but you aint no "Body". That Vantasy Island shit sure was neat though!

I'm feelin the ThC TV. Respect
Old 04-04-2008   #5

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Yo Torch - how was th GC? Sounds like everything was schwingy. I heard from a little bird that you walked some class III or something?!? What's up with that?
Old 04-04-2008   #6

Looks like Lotsawater needs to geta Y boat again. He was shredding those drops with finesse. What happened to those sharp skillz?
mankster is offline   Reply With Quote