Originally Posted by gannon_w
Yeh is it at 290 now? Thats what the flows say and if so I would be down to do lapd on the below the dam section tomorrow morning if its still up.
Sorry for the confusion. We had a change in our operations over a federal holiday when I was not in the office. So, I'm behind a step. My apologies!
Late last night/early this morning (between midnight and 1 a.m.), we DID bump up releases from Olympus Dam on Lakes Estes to the Big Thompson River. We bumped up to 300 cfs. That has continued through today and will continue on until at least tonight.
Because the crystal ball for weather is still somewhat unclear (this rain is sort of goofy with the run-off primed and ready to come down), our hydrologists have not yet made a decision on whether or not to continue the 300 cfs through tonight and into tomorrow, or to scale back releases late tonight.
I will do my best to keep you posted in a timely manner on what does wind up happening. Sometimes, though, if decisions are made well after work hours, I wind up reporting after the fact the following morning.
So, keep an eye on the gage! And, as always, feel free to e-mail or call me if you have related questions.