big waterfall pic in BC - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-19-2006   #1

big waterfall pic in BC

I'm ready to move to the Northwest. Check it.

http://therangelife.blogspot.com

Now if I can only figure out how to do what Jonaven does on a snowboard...

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006   #2
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
thanks for that kyle.

mashiter cr is right outta squamish, real near skookum cr which you guys may've heard of. skookum is, at the moment, unrunnable due to some tragically placed old growth in the main gorge. one of our bc videos (on the TRL sidebar), has a shot of bryan & jonaven cutting on that thing. they've been back in to work on the wood, but it hasn't blown out yet.

jonaven is one of the most highly regarded pro snowboarders in the industry. the dude writes his own check. not much for park riding, he focuses on doing huge park tricks in AK & the bc of BC. travis rice, who's pretty much on par with shawn white in terms of mass recognition right now, & bryan iguchi, who's totally a legend, both told me that they have utmost respect for JM. the dude's on a whole other level athletically & in terms of seeing & hitting lines (see foto below). he brings this to boating too, even though he's still relatively new to the game. shit, he found tatlow, 'nuff said.

kayaking gave him the inspiration/confidence to drop this "slide". nuts, right?

also, I'm stoked you guys got up to Wyo. Wish you had more water. I went thru some old-ass pics from the Popo, & to (I think) answer ChadD's question .. I posted the only other runnable waterfall on the middle (see below), although there's no real shelf on the left to be concerned about, just deep greenwater. Maybe he was talking about another run(?).

Conor Finney running laps on this fun slide-to-vert thingy.

maybe since i'm still laid-up sick, I'll post a bunch of pics to TRL today or tonight. as far as that goes, i spent 13 hrs in the emergency room & also numerous dr visits since friday. they're all scratching their heads. got THREE scrips for vicodin though. 1st aid kit's taken care of for awhile i guess.

take care y'all ... see you in july.
tg
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #3
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
that line is the ballsiest thing ive ever seen on board or planks.
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006   #4

tg what is up with ur health?
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #5
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
yo ... it's weird, i'm goin' down! nah, just a bad upper resp. / sinus infection. virus went into my quads/hamstrings somehow. excrutiating cramping in my legs to the point of passing out or nausea, & couldn't walk. immune syst overreacted & flooded the muscles with myoglobin. myoglobin & dead muscles cells flooded my renal system. bad scene landed me in e.r.

viral myositis & rhabdomyolisis is what they think it is. if you google, it'll say that it happens to young children, heroin addicts, & hiv patients. sweet. the dr's have been having fun with it trying to figure it out.

anyway they put me on a strong immuno-suppresant steroid & it seems to be working, apart from the racing heart & jittery/sweaty nastiness. i came into work today for the first time in a week, but i'm pretty retarded right now.

there's plenty of water up here for anyone who's bummed about lo-flo in CeeOh .. come & get it!
Old 06-20-2006   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Cutch,
I'll move if you move. It sounds like the only problem Todd had in the NW this winter was finding people to boat with when the water was up. Maybe we should help solve this problem.

ToddG,
I hope you recover quickly. TheRangeLife kicks ass!

Later,
Mark
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #7

holy crap man, i hope you get better soon. I'd reccomend a dr. but ive pretty much ruined my health service ties. Head up.

Steve.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. - Helen Keller
sward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006   #8

I kayak, and I barely have the confidence to launch a 10 footer on a board. I never seem to land those... let alone a "slide."

Marko, someday... someday in the next five year plan.

TG, get better. No hookers or meth for at least another week.
Old 06-20-2006   #9
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
thanks steve! i'm definitely getting better.

marko & kyle, enough of this yappin' .. just pull the trigger. plan on moving out here around beginning of august or so. you'll spend 6 straight weeks in BC running the shit. then we'll deal with getting you set up in sea-town. actually, i'm about to be homeless. i have july covered, but if you wanna get a place starting in august, i'll take care of it.

cool, so we're all set then? i'll start looking at places online tonight. you guys definitely made the right decision!
Old 06-21-2006   #10
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
PS ..

as i mentioned i might do this above .. i spackled TRL with a buncha pics of the Popo & other junkola from Wyo-la.

CLICK THIS if yer so inclined.

um, i'ma go ahead & get back to this tweak'd hooker now, cuz, you know it's just how i'm livin.

Tags
big water