Big Timber Outlook? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-27-2008   #1
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
Big Timber Outlook?

What's the word on Big Timber Creek season? Any predictions for the Fourth of July? Thanks in advance.

ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2008   #2

Looking good for the 4th...

Hey,
Snowpack is very good, run off is slow to start. Level should be good and higher through the 4th at the very least without any odd run-off events...

Just a reminder to all - The landowner who allows paddlers access on his privately owned land for all the crucial scouts and safety set-ups was stoked to see the change in behavior from paddlers heading through his property to the trailhead last season. We went from junior gangbangin' stereothumptronics at breakneck speed in 2006 to respectful(15 mph max.) speeds and radio silence in 2007... Currently we have a great relationship developing with Tack Van Cleve/Lazy K Bar Ranch and are aiming to keep it that way. Please do your part and be chill when accessing Big T and spread the word to anyone heading this way. Anyone who has paddled this run knows a little respect is a small price to pay for the unadulterated access we currently enjoy on this world class gem.
Thanks
Dave
stonefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #3

Yeah dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC View Post
What's the word on Big Timber Creek season? Any predictions for the Fourth of July? Thanks in advance.
Fire it up ACC. Represent the "(434)".

Gordon
GDalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008   #4
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
give 'er

Gordon - for sure! Cville in tha house. Is Sid coming west with you this year? Snow is holding out nicely for y'all.

Stonefly - thanks for the beta. Been meaning to come up to the Crazies for some time, thinking this is the year.
Old 05-28-2008   #5

Hey ACC

ACC - contact me when you are comin' this way. I have a new addition to my family due tomorrow so I will be local boatin' for most of the summer(Bozeman). Can show you down or hook you up with some other lesser known runs in the area and/or get you hooked up with some solid local boaters.
Let me know - [email protected]
Later
Dave
Old 05-28-2008   #6
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
Thanks for the offer Dave. I will look forward to taking you up on your MT hospitality. Good luck with the new family member!
Alex
Old 05-29-2008   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC View Post
Is Sid coming west with you this year?
Sid is going there with some other C-Villains. Also Trafford and Trevar if you know those guys. They came around after you headed west I think.

Not sure if I'll be in CO or not, but if so I'll hope to see you on a creek somewhere.

You'll love Big T - one my Top Fives for sure.

GD
Old 05-29-2008   #8

new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonefly View Post
I have a new addition to my family due tomorrow... Dave
Dave, Congrats to you! My little guy is almost 4 months old now. We're already brainwashing him with creeking footy.

I boated with Barry B and Lofty last summer. Good to be with the Montucky Crew again.

Good luck with the new one,

Gordon Dalton
Old 05-29-2008   #9

fire/wind event

I heard a rumor that there was a big fire up big timber canyon last fall and that the canyon got hammered with a wind event leading to many downed trees in the canyon. I spoke with the forest service out of big timber who confirmed that there were many downed trees in the area and that halfmoon picnic area/campground was temporarily closed due to all of the downfall. The FS person also suspected that the trail up to the put in might be closed temporarily once the snow melts so that they can clear it of downfall. Has anyone actually been up there who can shed some light on this situation? (Schroeder????)
dmarbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #10

I was in contact with the landowner last week. He said that boaters have come and gone with no issues. Have not heard of any new wood in the creek. There is a solid crew livin' out of Big Timber this year with a chainsaw and ambition. You can bet they will have her ready to go asap if there are any issues. I will post with any details in a day or two, forn those interested. Anyone headin' this way can email me for updates and info @ [email protected]
Later
Dave

Gordon - Congrats on the bouncin' baby boy! A child gives you such great perspective on the world. Hope to catch out on the rio someday soon.