Big South Flow Change... - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-07-2010   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Big South Flow Change...

Water supply Co. turned turned down long draw outflow to 130 cfs today. Rains lowered demand for water. Current plans are to turn long draw back up to ~200 cfs on saturday. The guy that changes flows usually makes the change around 11am or noon. If you are paddling sat it will likely be worth your while to wait for a later put in to get the extra water.

For folks that don't want the bone zone wierd creek experience... considering hiking in at corral creek. Its a short hike with a good trail and not very strenous. It drops you in just above the small foot bridge at the confluence of wierd creek and the big south proper.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010   #2

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Thanks Ian!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #3

The next zone, .
Yea thanks and props for both the balieys and the south update..

Your post kept me from a hour drive where I would have gotten there to find a dry ditch.. Yep BV is only a hr or so from baileys...

Keep it up as these posts are great as they actually help out us boaters and it is great to see posts where that is the goal rather than just a bunch of boaters bitichin at each other..
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010   #4

Teacher, Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
Yea thanks and props for both the balieys and the south update..

Your post kept me from a hour drive where I would have gotten there to find a dry ditch.. Yep BV is only a hr or so from baileys...

Keep it up as these posts are great as they actually help out us boaters and it is great to see posts where that is the goal rather than just a bunch of boaters bitichin at each other..
Hey hit me up any time you are headed to Bailey, and drag that asshole fat bob with you.
Buckrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #5

Denver, Colorado
As of today (fri), the water supply guys still plan on turning long draw up to 200 cfs tomorrow around mid day. Should stay that way through the weekend. If they get rain and thunderstorms this afternoon, they might not need to turn it up, but they think thats a small chance. They will make a final determination sat morning. Hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow am before folks start the drive if flows aren't coming up. I'll try to get something on the buzz by 8am.

Have a great weekend getting that last bit of water... Big South!
Old 07-09-2010   #6

Thanks for the updates Ian!
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #7

Steamboat, Colorado
Ian, thanks for making the calls and keeping us posted! See you tomorrow
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #8

Denver, Colorado
I'm heading up sunday Frenchy. Wish I could go up for the weekend, but I'm doing some creeking with the kids on sat. Creeking with 2.5 yr olds means you go to a micro creek, throw rocks into it, and launch stick boats into the mini-gnar.

Glad to help with the updates. I don't want to drive 3 hrs to find long draw shut off...
Old 07-10-2010   #9

Denver, Colorado
Long draw going up to 200 today. have fun!
Old 07-10-2010   #10
suigeneris

loveland, Colorado
corral creek. Its a short hike with a good trail and not very strenous.
How much and what type of boating are we talking about Ian?
suigeneris is offline   Reply With Quote