Name:	IMG_6193.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	10188  

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Brian, are you asking? ...or did you give'er? If you're asking, that's 4.5, give or take, which I'd say is about optimal flow. Medium juicy. Everything is still within a reasonable range but it's nice and fluffy. We just got off a Source overnighter and it was sikbird. Got to take one of our original Junior Kayak League kids, who is now one of the sickest paddlers around, Max Karlsson down for his first overnighter - and he crushed it. Here he is dominating the line at Cool World with substantial flow. So rad to see him come from learning the sweep stroke and hitting his first rolls at 10 years old with a camp strap holding his skirt on to nailing the line at Fantasy Flight and Cool World.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3854.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	730.4 KB
ID:	10189  
Old 06-26-2015   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Thats an awesome story Evan. Nice work keeping the new paddler pipeline thriving. I'm continually impressed with the young paddlers who are charging hard today. Especially the ones who save my gear when I swim.

I called the forest service today to check on the gate. Lady said that they did not know when it would open, but when it did, it would be open. Extremely helpful insight. She noted that there has been a lot of rain and the roads are still soggy and are not ready for travel yet. I'm guessing that means that the road will not open July 4? Who knows?

Its the annual long draw road travesty... Dam operators travel the road daily, but the public can not use the public road due to a one size fits all policy by FS that doesn't open the road up until all the side roads are dry.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015   #4

Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW-Evan View Post
Brian, are you asking? ...or did you give'er? If you're asking, that's 4.5, give or take, which I'd say is about optimal flow. Medium juicy. Everything is still within a reasonable range but it's nice and fluffy. We just got off a Source overnighter and it was sikbird. Got to take one of our original Junior Kayak League kids, who is now one of the sickest paddlers around, Max Karlsson down for his first overnighter - and he crushed it. Here he is dominating the line at Cool World with substantial flow. So rad to see him come from learning the sweep stroke and hitting his first rolls at 10 years old with a camp strap holding his skirt on to nailing the line at Fantasy Flight and Cool World.
Evan,

Many thanks for taking Max on his very first overnighter. He came back home last night with a grin from ear to ear. Sounded like this was one of those experiences he will never forget.

As a parent I am always nervous when he runs big stuff even though I know he is a very skilled paddler. But I was a lot less nervous as it was with you and Nick as you guys are more safety conscious than anyone else I know.
Max's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015   #5

Bisters, Oregon
I saw Max compete at Fibark. Holy smokes! That kid is unreal!! Too bad the wave was so flashy because Max had some serious quickness and amplitude that seemed a notch up from the rest of the guys. Mad props to all the mentors in our sport! Gotta love boating with amazing paddlers willing to help others get better, safer, & more stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015   #6

Bisters, Oregon
*flushy...

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015   #7

Big South flow?

I called the forest service and they said the gate will not be open this weekend. She made it sound like maybe it will be soon though.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote