Best Way to Do Pinnacle to Parkdale with Only One Car???? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-21-2007   #1

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2001
Best Way to Do Pinnacle to Parkdale with Only One Car????

On Saturday I am going to do Pinnacle to Parkdale with my girlfriend. We are going to be fairly slow I bet (her first time down the entire run), so I doubt anyone will want to boat with us.

So can anyone give me some advice on how to do Pinnacle to Parkdale best with one car? My current plan is to jog back up Highway 50, but that doesn't sound too much fun. Are there any other paths/trails/roads on the northern side of the Ark?

BullSCit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007   #2

Lakewood, Colorado
It's easy to hitch...
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
hitch it

make sure you got boater gear on and stick that good ole thumb up. easy to get picked up anywhere on the ark
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
i hitch from old parkdale all the time. most its ever taken me is 10 minutes. the gear helps but leave the knife in your boat if its on your pfd. stand by your car so you dont look homeless. be at the eastern part of the pullout so that western bound drivers have room to stop. have fun.
Old 09-21-2007   #5

GH has it, but I always leave my knife on to hitch.... Ya never know who's gonna pick you up these days, yaddamean? And, I dont stand by my car....if it was there, I wouldn't be hitching.
Old Parkdale has always treated me well for hitching though and boating gear does seem to help.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #6
gh

pnw, Colorado
lol, its a blunt point bearclaw. not much of a self defense weapon. ok, how about hide the knife?
Old 09-21-2007   #7

Bozeman, Montana
damn straight about the knife shit,

and if you pick up any stranger they probably have a knife so make sure you have a nice friend to keep under your seat, my friend is a 1941 .38 cal enfield mark IV british military issue revolver from WWII, i call it my nazi killer, fucking loud and it gets the fucking point across quit nice.
Old 09-21-2007   #8

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
The Ark's about the easiest hitch hike shuttle in the world - just hold your PFD in your left hand.

I constantly marvel that in this day of widespread paranoia, I'll stand on the side of the road with a bright yellow knife conspicuously mounted on my PFD that's capable of decapitating and filleting any unsuspecting driver, and still get a ride in a matter of minutes, often with the first car to come by.

I probably wouldn't get nearly as many rides if they plainly see my bonesaw...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #9

Bozeman, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
I constantly marvel that in this day of widespread paranoia, I'll stand on the side of the road with a bright yellow knife conspicuously mounted on my PFD that's capable of decapitating and filleting an unsuspecting driver,

YOU ARE SICK CHUBBS, SICK I TELL YOU
Old 09-21-2007   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
Andy, you been watching Hostel? Worst thing I have seen is a weener dog in the front seat that wanted to get in the back and eat me alive.

Tags
ark