Best river to work this summer? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-15-2008   #1

Best river to work this summer?

I am looking to work on a river somewhere this summer, Would like to safety or video boat but would raft guide as well. I just wanna be out on the water in a new place this summer...

Any Suggestions/Job openings?

-Chris
[email protected]

gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Clear Creek! It's the best river every summer. I'm still looking for another guide/safety kayaker or two for the summer. Shoot me an email with your experience if your interested.

[email protected]
Old 04-15-2008   #3

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman View Post
I am looking to work on a river somewhere this summer, Would like to safety or video boat but would raft guide as well. I just wanna be out on the water in a new place this summer...

-Chris
[email protected]
Coming out to Colorado? You should come to the Poudre and do some boating.. Good stuff.

Scott
GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008   #4

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I think for safety or video boating either the Arkansas, Poudre, or a Summit County/Vail Outfitter that does Gore and such.

Never guided rafting but I know those three rivers are also some of the more commercially rafted probably offering the most work. I am not too familiar with down south though....
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman View Post

-Chris
[email protected]
Send an Email or call Lyle @ Renaissance Adventure guides, I believe they are looking for people for this summer.

Renaissance Adventure Guides
kevintee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #6
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Chris, Clear Creek is fun, but it's not the most beautiful stretch. It's lovingly known as "the ditch" by more than a few guides...

The Arkansas has lots of opportunities for work. In my experience, AVA is a great company to work for and they run Gore if you're at that level. Timberline and Nova are also both known for having pretty solid work for their guides.

If you're interested on the Poudre, there are not many video boaters or safety kayakers on that river. The spots there are are probably taken. However, it's a blast to guide! There are only 5 companies, and despite all the trash talk, all 5 seem pretty solid. Ask what sections they run though, as not everyone runs the class 4 stuff.

Hope this helps.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #7

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
clear creek is the best? you got to be kidding me...

your best bet for lifestyle, living situation, and the kind of work you're looking for is an outfitter on the ark especially if they run fall trips through gore.
Old 04-15-2008   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Raft bastards on the ark. do the royal gorge if you have any experience if not big horn sheep canyon is hella fun and with this years water there will be carnage for sure. don't work for raven in canon that place is a shit hole. if you want a lot of trips hook up with the bigger commercial companies like raft masters or echo.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #9

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Clear Creek? You have to have a hole in your head! or maybe you just got too much carbon monoxide from all the deisel fumes! The only possible way that Clear Creek is the best place to spend the summer is if you need to be close to the city so your stripper girlfriend can keep you in meth all summer.
Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty View Post
Clear Creek? You have to have a hole in your head! or maybe you just got too much carbon monoxide from all the deisel fumes! The only possible way that Clear Creek is the best place to spend the summer is if you need to be close to the city so your stripper girlfriend can keep you in meth all summer.

sounds like you have experience with that
freeheel4real is offline   Reply With Quote