Bellingham Boaters - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-14-2011   #1

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2007
Bellingham Boaters

Just got into town this week and looking for some connections. I know there's some whitewater out there to be had and I'm itching to get some.

All I can see that is running is NF Nook and thundercreek? Really excited to see what Bellingham has to offer, seems like a badass place.

Let me know if you want to get out on the river. Class iv-v but Ill paddle anything.

-Mike

mikesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011   #2

Seattle, Washington
welcome to town!

Hey Mike, welcome to town.

professorpaddle.com is probably the best spot to meet folks and arrange trips.

We should start seeing rain here in a few more weeks. That'll bring in the goods, like Robe Canyon on the SF Stilly and MF Nooksack.

But there's lot of good water up in BC right now. Chilliwack might be done, but Nahatlatch and Bridge ought to still be good, as are the Squamish zone creeks. Vancouver has a couple great runs in town (Lynn, Seymour) that will come in with rain.

Right now is the low point of the season. There's dam release III over on the Tieton, the Ohanepecosh is in at minimum flow, and the Sky can still be grovelled down at almost any flow. But ... we are waiting for the rain to start getting back on the smaller rivers. Usually arrives in November. October is the worst boating month out here. But BC offers lots of alternatives.

Anyway, welcome again. Hope to see you on professorpaddle.

SYOTR
-b
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #3
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Mike, I am moving nearby to you next week. Lets meet up. I'm down to rally to BC, nooksack, Ohana, whatever. I've got some time before work picks up, never paddled there and wanna get on someshitz!! Class 4/5 is fine by me.

Seriously, lets talk. Cant get anyone on here to reply to my hookups requests.

Slickhorn, open invite to you too. I'm just looking to meet people, paddle then spray about it on the internetz! Har har har
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011   #4

Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I would stay away from blowtorch.. He can't boof...But he does make for a nice shuttle bunny
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #5
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Pay no attention to Boof5.4, he is just mad ever since I boofed his sister. Hard.
Old 09-14-2011   #6

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
I like this, fresh meat . Not much local is going now as the summer snowmelt is tailing off. Look for NF 800-1500, Thunder 800-1200, Tumwater 1000-2000, and Robe 5.1-5.6. BC is tailing off as well but there's some fly in and bigger missions with potential the next few weeks. Things will likely be a little quite until the first good fall rain, once that happens hold on to you seat cause its gonna be a fun ride.
Old 09-15-2011   #7
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Fresh meat!? You're that humbling experience that ToddG warned me about.

So now i know what levels to look for then divide those in half! Careful following this crazy anywhere, Mikesong. LeifForce, I forgot a fellow Ft Collins boater was there. Would be cool to hook up sometime. Even if its just to go run Galbraith!
Old 09-15-2011   #8

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2007
Putting the big boy pants on and doing my rain dance as we speak.
mikesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #9

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Feel free to holler three six zero 483 eight six one one.

First recommendation - Buy a drysuit. Second recommendation - Up size your creek boat. If you boat a Medium go to a Large, etc. Final recomendation - Learn to love or at least understand mocha frapichino double tall skinny lattes so you have something in common with Seattlites.

Flowy - Galbi will blow your mind...I live on the main access trail and can give you a tour if you want one.
Old 09-15-2011   #10
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Ya man, I'll look you up. I knew the drysuit thing was comin but i'm all set there. The burn is cracked too so i do have an excuse to upsize to a Everest or Karnali. The mocha chocha superskinny grande latte is completely forgeign to me. You're talking to someone whose never been a coffee drinker. I'll try one more time, maybe. You think I should go ahead and get some skinny jeans or just find some gore-tex ones out there?

Stoked on Galby! Hell yes I'll take a tour!