Beartooth Paddlers Society Reborn - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-22-2013   #1

Billings, Montana
Paddling Since: 1984
Beartooth Paddlers Society Reborn

To those in Billings, Bozeman, and Cody paddling areas of MT.... the Beartooth Paddlers Society is reborn!!! We are under new leadership and have a awesome new website to introduce: www.beartoothpaddlers.org!!! We are now accepting membership via Paypal, have all new events listed, river advocacy sections, and fun gallery of local videos.

With the goal of uniting the paddling community surrounding the Absorka/Beartooth Mtn's, we have several events this year.... we are excited to announce we will be holding the Rosebud Whitewater Festival this upcoming July! Stay tuned to our website for confirmed dates as we will be talking with the utility company in near future to confirm a whitewater release date.

We look forward to to seeing you on the river!!!!

BeartoothPaddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013   #2

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Dang w rosebud looks great! Will the releases be short (few day or a weekend only) or for a duration (many weekends in a row)? Might have to check it out this summer.
Old 02-22-2013   #3

Billings, Montana
We will be in talks with the Utility Company in the coming months but hope to have a single weekend of releases on the West Rosebud for the festival. However this is during that time, per the utility protocol, there typically are 2-3 weekends of releases. Here is the release protocol for those interested: http://www.mysticlakeproject.com/pdf...-June-2011.pdf

It is no way official, but we are looking hard at the second weekend in July.... the best boating around for that time of year! We will be hosting down river races, free beer from Red Lodge Ales, and much more. The festivities are all in the name of river conservation promoting the quest to designate the East Rosebud River a National Wild and Scenic Riverway, and to celebrate and preserve the recreational releases on the West Rosebud that American Whitewater and the Beartooth Paddlers worked so hard to start!!! Come celebrate a good cause!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I think it would be better to have a free community and raise money at the events.. Just saying. It's def for a good cause but probably not gonna gain the same community as a free one. Good to see some more community getting going around these parts, its def been lacking since the montana surf boys started taking it easy. It was sweet having thirty racers at the quake race.

Ps any of you guys want to fire up the shit above what ever body else runs?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #5

Billings, Montana
Caspermike: By the way we would like to add the Quake Race to create a race series in the area. Let us know if you're interested in partnering on this... the Quake section of the Madison is also at risk of being dammed and it would be a great cause for us all!
Old 02-22-2013   #6

Red lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1987
Evidently the boating around here started when miguel states it as so....I think not.
ootek34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #7

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 2003
Next thing you know Perry is gonna say American Whitewater isn't worth it
Old 02-22-2013   #8

Billings, Montana
I'm in! Billings needs a good paddling community.
jwithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #9

New member...

Thanks for organizing, folks. I know from past experience that this is a very challenging (and often thankless) thing to do. Nice job stepping up. See y'all at the West Rosebud event, if not sooner.
Best,
Dave
stonefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Man some of you are sour. Any of you guys run east rosebud last year? That's what I thought. American whitewater is rad! So is this little society I just think if was free and you donated money it would have a better outcome. Just saying no need to have you panties in knot there Nate winning. Nothing but best wishs. I'm saying I'm giving my twenty dollars straight to friends of east rosebud. Best wishs try not to be so sour. And yeah the community in general is lacking since montana surf boys I know more than a couple of people boys. Also the last west rosebud release Dave and I were the only ones there. The community is severely lacking. Ootek you took my response to critical. Dont be a gas bag bud.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote