bear creek is "running" - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-07-2014   #1

x, x
Paddling Since: x
bear creek is "running"

Bear creek is in, 170+ rising, if anyone still has a warranty left on thier boat from last year or if you want to feed the fish, or shed some skin.

Does anyone know the legality of bushwacking allong the river from no fun falls down the banks to scout for eddys/wood etc? I'd like to scout the drops along the way. I dont know how some people just put on that creek. a half cocked boat is a pin.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014   #2

Is this some sort of premature April Fool's joke?
Old 03-07-2014   #3

longmont, Colorado
http://www.americanwhitewater.org/co...etail/id/2823/

I thought it was running too! According to the AW page it's 138. But after looking further the gauge on the AW page has not been updated in 86 days?

Too bad it's only 22
http://www.riverbrain.com/run/show/2...le+to+Morrison
huck it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014   #4

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I live on Bear Creek, I just went and got a visual definitely around 15-20. It could have been an ice dam releasing.
Old 03-07-2014   #5
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Sure you could use Riverbrain to get accurate flows, but then you'd miss out on unique AW opportunities like this one (has anyone gotten the guided tour lately??):

Help American Whitewater provide you better access and safer runs through Bear Creek by donating $100 to American Whitewater and becoming a member. For a special offer, get in touch with AWA when you donate and contact the streamkeeper for this reach and you may be eligible for one guided tour of Bear Creek and the beer of your choice at take out.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #6

longmont, Colorado
I should have known. You can't mention River Brain without KSC giving his 2cents. I'm not sure I understand what it is your trying to say about supporting AW. Must be satire. That's why I only get my news from reliable sources like the Buzz and the Onion. Now, how do I sign up for the free guided tour? Does that include lunch?
Old 03-08-2014   #7
addict

Golden, Colorado
Drove through bear crk canyon today. Not quite in. Didnt see any lost paddles either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4008782553.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	669.0 KB
ID:	7802
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #8
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
That flow looks to be way above deepsouth's minimum.

I'm glad I'm consistent. I'm all for supporting AW, I just find it odd that the Bear Creek page offers a chance to win a free guided tour and a beer if you donate 100 bucks.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #9

longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
Sure you could use Riverbrain to get accurate flows, but then you'd miss out on unique AW opportunities like this one (has anyone gotten the guided tour lately??): Help American Whitewater provide you better access and safer runs through Bear Creek by donating $100 to American Whitewater and becoming a member. For a special offer, get in touch with AWA when you donate and contact the streamkeeper for this reach and you may be eligible for one guided tour of Bear Creek and the beer of your choice at take out.
Ha ha now that is funny I didn't even realize this was a quote directly from the AW page! With as little as Bear creek runs I thought that was just an attempt at humor based on bobbuilds wanting a guided tour. Maybe next time I will read the description before posting.
Old 03-10-2014   #10

x, x
Paddling Since: x
my bad, I thought with the snow in Denver that it might have come up. I didn't get a visual first. I should have. When we checked the gauge i got excited. We drove over it sat, am and i felt dumb.

thanks for being cool, Tango, good wok, my bad everybody
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote