Bailey - Saturday Afternoon - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-19-2014   #1
boof splash

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Bailey - Saturday Afternoon

Looking for a partner or shuttle on Bailey Saturday afternoon. Can leave Denver at 12pm. Call or text Kevin @ 704-907-5029 if you're interested.

kuuskv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Kevin, we are on a similar schedule.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014   #3

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Thank you guys again for letting me tag along last minute. That was pretty awesome and I'm glad that I got to run with such a good crew for my first five. I'm pretty bad with names so I already don't remember a lot of them but as I said before I look forward to running with you guys again, Jason. Also I'd be interested in seeing whatever video anyone got today.
forum8fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Our pleasure. I assume this is Rob writing, though I don't know who Jason is. Riley should have a Bailey edit in a few days.

Lots of folks firing it up this weekend. Way to get after it.

We saw lots of people hang tough on bad supermax lines, as well as some very clean laps.

On Sunday, Riley led our group from just below four falls all the way to the super max eddy. He was totally stoked.

Thanks again to the Steamboat crew Saturday for being super patient and setting up safety without being asked.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Old 09-22-2014   #5

Paddling Since: 2012
Dave, this is not Rob. I'm Jason and I think I first saw you while I was in the eddy river right between supermax and Tampa I was in the green bazooka with a blue dryauit and full face.
It was my first five and of our group of 9 only 2 had ever kayaked the stretch before. No swimmers or major carnage. I had relatively clean lines until I got to deer creek when I was a little chilly and underestimated what I was coming into and rolled right by the rock slide then came back up just as I was going over the lower ledge backwards and rolled again. Got lucky and just banged my elbow instead of ripping my face off. All in all I had a lot of fun and finally got the intensity I wanted but was left thinking I still have lots of room to improve.
forum8fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014   #6

Denver, Colorado
Hey man, this is Aaron from the fleet of 9. Way to hang in there at the bottom of Deer Creek, that did not look fun! What a great day of paddling in that beautiful canyon. Best part about such a big group is there's plenty of time to enjoy all the scenery!
Ka-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #7

Dave/Riley
I would love to see your edit. I was one of those people who had a terrible line in Supermax. Surfed the upper hole then got stuffed into the right side wall and flipped backwards. Rolled up and got the eddy before tampax. Should be a pretty funny video if you got it on film.
~Joe (your old neighbor)
ambrosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014   #8

Also Dave,
Jason was with our crew of 9 including Griffin and I.
Old 09-24-2014   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Sorry we didn't really get to see you Joe. Figured we'd get a
head of your 9 pack and catch up at the take out, but two beers later there was still no sign of your group.

Riley is working on an edit, though I don't know if he got your carnage or not.

One of the last guys in your crew got surfed at the top ledge and should be heavily commended for keeping his composure and managing it like any other little ledge in a play park.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Old 09-24-2014   #10

That was Aaron. He kept his hair dry too for all of supermax/tampax! A few more of us got surfed there as well. No one swam during our run even though there were many bad lines. Our group stopped for a bit in the flatwater. Hopefully we did not worry anyone. Everyone in our group made it out safely.

Tags
bailey