Bailey - let's get rid of that log - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-26-2005   #1

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Bailey - let's get rid of that log

Ok - we're slakcers and we know it. That log has been in there since the blizzard two years ago. It would really be nice to not get out of my boat this year. I don't have a chainsaw, but I have an old dynamic line and plenty of gear for z-drags. I know someone out there has got a chainsaw.

The Roberts Tunnel is still not giving it up, and the snow ain't that great....who's up for a hike in to Crossons and doing a little maintenance?

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005   #2

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
you can borrow my saw for any cleaning..let me know
Gary

[email protected]
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #3

C.O.
I've got a chainsaw that was aquired from a fellow "buzzard" for just such an occasion, recently fixxed-up & tuned up. (Thanks Dave!)

I'm headed to Utah tomorrow and won't be back for a week or so, but after that..... The next available days for me are my days off, (MON-TUE) would be 18-19 APR and 25-26 APR. If no one else gets to it first, I'll head out there with you. I don't know where to hike in from at Crossons(?) , so let me know.

Ed
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005   #4
Owner: Class 5 Carvings

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Hold on there boys, doesnt that log make you get out and run one of the most fun seal slides around, and probably one of the most fun moves on the run. I say leave it, it forces you into a move that is for sure worth running, and with the log gone theres no more need. Dont bother with the long hike and hours of wet cutting with the saw.
Paul the Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #5

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Yank it... That thing is going to cause a problem one day.

You gotta be kidding about that seal launch.

I would offer to join in the festivities, but a torn muscle in my abdomen is going to have me tied up for a bit.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #6

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I have plenty of ropes and hardwear to put to a good cause like this. Considering Bailey is very high on my list of runs to checkout this year. I am available the 2nd, and 3rd weekend of April.
stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #7

If I don't have to work or go to a gear swap I'd be willing to lend some muscle to the project.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #8

Caspian:

Just make sure that when you are on Bailey cutting out that log you don't do something stupid like drop your keys in the river--or leave them in the car.

That would suck.
SwannyKnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #9

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
I know you left your keys in my car - but when did you lose your keys in the river? Or is this a recent event you neglected to confess?

I was thinking about this weekend four years ago, do you remember - Boogie boarding at Jaws, Little River in the Smokies? How about my sweet line at The Elbow? Kamping with a "K", emphasis on the maple. Good times. But Maryville, TN...what the heck kind of town packs out a Shoney's on Easter Sunday?! Makes me wanna call the TVA hotline just hear "Noh-li-chuk-ee ayt Eymbreeveel ayt fahv ay aym..." I'm still wondering why you had a Perception sticker on your Glide...

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #10

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Caspian,

I'd be willing to help you next Sunday (4/3). I have a saw that will do that job. Send me a PM with your phone number if you are open that day.
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bailey