Bailey Fest 2012 WorldKayak.com Photo and Video Contest - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-12-2012   #1
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Bailey Fest 2012 WorldKayak.com Photo and Video Contest

Details here and Voting to follow Here as well.

Denver Bailey Fest 2012 Photo and Video Contest from World Kayak

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Hey folks... send your pics and videos to Don and World Kayak. We will vote and the best pics and videos of the fest, and winners will take home some nice prizes that World Kayak has lined up.

I loved the photo / video posts we got last year, and wanted to do something more with it this year. Big thanks to Don and World Kayak for developing the photo / video contest.

Also, the photos and videos submitted will also be used to update the website and to help share the good times we had at Bailey Fest with the rest of the community, our sponsors, and whoever else is searching around on the internet.

Thanks for the support! May the best photo win!
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #3
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
World Kayak Bailey Fest 2012 Contest is Up and Running

The Bailey Fest 2012 Photo and video contest is up and running. Check out some of the early entries. Please keep your submissions coming. You can PM me here and I'll send you my email. Or, check out the other posts.

We have some great prizes from some outstanding companies: Chaco, Shred Ready, Mountain Kahki, Five Ten, Astral, IR, World Kayak, Smith, Kokatat, and more. The prize packs are going to be PHAT.

Denver Archive Bailey Fest 2012 World Kayak Video/ Photo HERE
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012   #4

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I mean, I've never been, but I thought baileyfest was a kayaking and rafting event? After looking at those photos I'm wondering if there wasn't an entire devoted group of whitewater swimmers? And Tom wasn't even there!
Joe
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hmmmm, i heard there was a good pic of josh Heise at mystery eddy out there....I don't know if its prize worthy bit should probably be posted anyway; )
Old 09-04-2012   #6

Denver, Colorado
Astute observation Joe. There was an entire dedicated class of paddlers who accidentally found themselves boatless. There are some classic shots in there. I saw the riverboarder. He nailed the boof on the right boof move above and bounced off the rocks vigorously on the last drop.

I witnessed the shredder video line in person as well. Pretty entertaining piton to double ejection.

Keep em coming folks. I know there are a ton more videos and pics out there. Send them in. I'm hoping to use a bunch of them to help put together a promo to get even more folks on board with bailey fest next year, so you are chipping in for the team when you send it stuff.
Old 09-05-2012   #7

Boulder, Colorado
How do you swim over the last drop of supermax, the aren't any holes above that?
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #8
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How do you swim over the last drop of supermax, the aren't any holes above that?
What's really amazing is how a dude that shows up one time to swim Bailey Fest can talk so much shit. You sure you're not from Casper?
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012   #9

Denver, Colorado
Lots of ways to swim the last drop in supermax. Most swam at the crux after some form of going left, usually upside down, and into the undercut. I also saw someone swim out of the ledge hole above tampax, but you can usually get out there if someone is heads up and helps grab you. Rafts can throw people in the water at any time, which makes the raft spectating at supermax awesome.
Old 09-05-2012   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouthpaddler View Post
Lots of ways to swim the last drop in supermax. Most swam at the crux after some form of going left, usually upside down, and into the undercut. I also saw someone swim out of the ledge hole above tampax, but you can usually get out there if someone is heads up and helps grab you. Rafts can throw people in the water at any time, which makes the raft spectating at supermax awesome.
Nice, its a pretty safe carnage spot. love it!
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bailey, contest