Aurora area pool sessions? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-08-2012   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Aurora area pool sessions?

Just curious if there's any other boaters that are banished to the the far reaches of the metro area? I'm in the area of DIA, and was hoping for some pool sessions this winter that are a bit closer than DU or Broomfield...

Anyone have any connections with the Beck Rec Center over by Buckley AFB? I for one would be a regular if we got an open pool time out east...

WetExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I live in east Denver, barely.It would be nice to have one in Aurora early some week night or on Saturday AM.Broomfield 's time is good but far.I 'd like to support Confluence, but DU is a bit late and a pain yo deal with.Really nice facilities though.I thought about approaching Utah Park Rec Center,biy it would be better if a club -shop -or at least a certified instructor did it, rather than some non Aurora resident that wants open pool.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #3

Denver, Colorado
I live in east Denver, barely.It would be nice to have one in Aurora early some week night or on Saturday AM.Broomfield 's time is good but far.I 'd like to support Confluence, but DU is a bit late and a pain to eal with.Really nice facilities though.I thought about approaching Utah Park Rec Center,biy it would be better if a club -shop -or at least a certified instructor did it, rather than some non Aurora resident that wants open pool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012   #4

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
i believe renaissance adventure does theres at the boulder rec center still. tuesday nights. apex does pool sessions at meyers pool in arvada, sunday 12 to 5 - but dont think they started yet.
Skillkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012   #5

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillkilla View Post
i believe renaissance adventure does theres at the boulder rec center still. tuesday nights. apex does pool sessions at meyers pool in arvada, sunday 12 to 5 - but dont think they started yet.
Thats what I'm saying.. they're all on the west side of town.

Cayo, I agree with you: it would be better to have a club sponsor a pool session. I'm not an Aurora resident either, technically Denver, but Aurora's pools are a lot closer. I went to one session at DU last winter, but it's on the complete opposite end of the denver area from me.

I think the only chance of it happening is if a boater works for Aurora rec of something..
Old 11-08-2012   #6

Denver, 303
I just moved to Denver from Atlanta. I'm in Southeast Denver (closer to Aurora) and would love any info on classes near the area. I wasn't able to nail my roll this summer and definitely want to continue trying this winter.

-Chris
peaceloveandbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #7

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceloveandbud View Post
I just moved to Denver from Atlanta. I'm in Southeast Denver (closer to Aurora) and would love any info on classes near the area. I wasn't able to nail my roll this summer and definitely want to continue trying this winter.

-Chris
Check out Confluence's winter classes at DU. If you're SE, it shouldn't be too far away.

...Since no one seems to know much about Aurora's pools being a potential open pool option for the winter, I'll at least shoot the aquatics coordinator an email to see if they're open to it. I'll update anyone who's interested once I hear back.
Old 11-10-2012   #8

Denver, Colorado
Good luck! If it does 'nt work out, maybe we could carpool to Broomfield sometimes.
Old 11-10-2012   #9

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
eddies are like pools

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...row-45717.html
ChasetheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #10

Denver, Colorado
yeah Chase I used to be that gung ho but now just hope to get somewhere warm to paddle this winter...more power to you dude....if it was barely running plus this snow you may get some flow before it freezes up...it is snowing pretty hard intermiitently here probably a semi blizzard up there ..have fun