August Play? - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-02-2009   #1

August Play?

Hey, so I'm living in Seattle and will be doing an internship somewhere (not limited to CO if you have other suggestions) late this summer, probably late Aug-early September. I'm hoping to find somewhere that I can get out on a play wave in the evening after work. Any suggestions on play features in CO somewhere or will I be too late? Thanks!

Shevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009   #2

Glenwood springs. In August, it's usually colorado river season.
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #3

B.F.E., Wyoming
The platte here in casper is usually running in august. Not nearly as good paddling community but it works...
Oh I guess its a bit north of where your thinking...
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009   #4

Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
Not sure if you have your heart set on the Rocky Mountain Region or not but if you have options you might want to check out some stuff on the east coast. Aside from Glenwood it might be pretty slim pickings. You might find more water and options with consistent release flows and potential hurricane rains. Not sure about after work spots out there but your weekends could be full on.

Scott
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #5

BV and Salida will also be decent. Pretty much all of the playparks in the state (Gunnison, Golden, Durango, etc.) are still running but not necessarily providing good play at that time of year.
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #6

Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
In the Denver area you have the play park in Golden. It might be kinda low in August but I saw plenty of folks still playing in August and Sept.

New Jersey: There are some nice playspots on the Delaware River that are always running. This would be Scudders and the Lambertville Wing Dam. Scudders is located a few mile north of Trenton, NJ so if you find a internship anywhere in the Philadelphia, Central NJ area you can paddle everyday after work. Search "scudders" on YouTube to see what this spot is like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevy View Post
Hey, so I'm living in Seattle and will be doing an internship somewhere (not limited to CO if you have other suggestions) late this summer, probably late Aug-early September. I'm hoping to find somewhere that I can get out on a play wave in the evening after work. Any suggestions on play features in CO somewhere or will I be too late? Thanks!
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
august