attn: kayak filmers and photographers - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-27-2013   #1

x, x
Paddling Since: x
attn: kayak filmers and photographers

i have recently built a 10' boom on a 6' tripod, balanced and guided.

I also have a 10' roller track with a homebuilt spider track, it is level able and can mount to a tripod or set up alone.

I would like to share these tools with local filmers and photographers to get feedback on the quality and durability of them.

I would also like to learn, and work with any filmers/photogs that could teach me about editing software.

I know its the off season, but im sure we can film at confluence pp or in the backcountry skiing, maybe some biking.

I am working on a model that will incorporate the track as the boom arms, with some assembly it could be one unit.

let me know if anyone has time to film.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
booms are so 2011. learn how to fly a wp quadcopter with a gopro mount.
upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013   #3

Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
I'd love to see what you have made?
Let's talk more.

[email protected]

www.HolcombePhotography.com
peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbuilds View Post
i have recently built a 10' boom on a 6' tripod, balanced and guided.

I also have a 10' roller track with a homebuilt spider track, it is level able and can mount to a tripod or set up alone.

I would like to share these tools with local filmers and photographers to get feedback on the quality and durability of them.

I would also like to learn, and work with any filmers/photogs that could teach me about editing software.

I know its the off season, but im sure we can film at confluence pp or in the backcountry skiing, maybe some biking.

I am working on a model that will incorporate the track as the boom arms, with some assembly it could be one unit.

let me know if anyone has time to film.
Bring it to Shoshone on NYD. Plenty to film that day!
Old 01-02-2014   #5

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
Bob...

May not be a good scenario for light, but bring it to Polo, why not?

Jeff
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014   #6

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Hey Bob,

I'd love to work with you some on this too. I don't know anything about using Booms and such, but would definitely love to learn it with you and good company and expand our skill sets. I shoot a lot of photography, but have not done anything with video. I know how to use Photoshop CS4, and CS5. I can share what I know of those editing programs with you.

Just a thought, another scene to test the durability would be at Autocross Events here in CO. Here is their Website (http://rmsolo.org/), and here is the schedule of races (http://rmsolo.org/schedule.php).

Another scene to test are the Drift Colorado events. Local Grassroots of Formula Drift. Here is their FB page, (https://www.facebook.com/DriftColorado).

Both scenes are pretty badass especially if you are a car enthusiast. My brother races in the Auto-X events and I am planning on running in them this season too. I've shot photos at both events and there are a few albums on my FB profile if you wanted to check them out.

I know their not kayaking related, but I think that it's a good idea to test your equipment at different events to help determine their full potential, capacity, durability, ability to market it to other events, etc.

Take care,
- Alex
Old 01-03-2014   #7

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Drift Colorado

This was at PPIR this past year for the Drift Colorado Triple Crown Event. FD Pros Chris Forsberg, Matt Field, and Danny George Showed up.

Old 01-05-2014   #8

x, x
Paddling Since: x
thank you all for good advice. I am in need of a brass collar right now, i will post back when i figure it out.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #9

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Some friends and I are working on making an outdoor adventure TV show which I will be hosting and we would probably be interested in beta testing your rigs. We use a wide range of platforms ranging from go pros, olympus tough, canon 7d, and a larger format video camera is also in the works. We have a DJi phantom 2, fly cam, chest mount rig and regular tripods, but I would also really love to come up with a tram system for the 7d and the other larger video camera. I'm also finishing my last semester in the professional photography program here at CMC in glenwood this spring. I'm a big time all around adventurer partaking in snowboard mountaineering, White water kayaking and raft guiding, rock climbing (including big wall), canyoneering, caving, dirt biking, rock crawling etc... Out to make a career of experiencing the biggest and best adventures the world has to offer, drop me a line.
forum8fox is offline   Reply With Quote