AT4 warrenty - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-27-2005   #1

Golden, Colorado
AT4 warrenty

yo dudes and dudettes-
i snapped my AT4 in half last week. it happened as i took a stroke and hit a submerged rock with the tip of the blade and the shaft snapped in two just off center, past the internal flutting. very strange that the shaft snapped were it did after hitting the blade. i'm assuming the damage was done another time and that little bit of shock broke the camals back. suprised the sh!t outa me as i was in a pretty busy section of the Big T at that moment and hand-paddling with two seperate blades leaves much to be desired.

i've had it just over a year thus no warrenty i called the AT4 folks and they were very responsive. i'll be sending back to them to either get it fixed or replaced for some cash ($$??).

just seeing what others have experienced with their AT4s?? have you broken yours and how responsive was AT with non-warrenty paddles?? and if you got it fixed what was the $$ damage?
-trev

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005   #2

student/ kayaker
Send a message via AIM to goatboater
At the end of last season my AT4play had water in the shaft, so it took it to RMA where I bought it (only about 3 months prior to this happening), and after contacting AT they gave me a brand new paddle from their inventory. Well, the brand new paddle now also has lots of water in the shaft, and when I took it to RMA this time they said (after contacting AT again) that I would have to send it in and AT would either replace or fix it for free, I just had to pay for shipping. Haven't got around to it yet so I can't comment on speed or service, but I can say that you should definitely go through your dealer for help. Anyone else have this problem with water in the shaft? Or do I just have REALLY shitty luck, not just once but twice in a row?

BT
Old 06-27-2005   #3

tboner aren't you the hopping penis guy? whatever happened to the hopping penis? that thing was rad!
david lee roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
His wife confiscated it.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #5

Ski Patrol
Woody Custom Paddles are the only way to go!
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005   #6

Systems & Process Design, Colorado
excellent... hopping penis guy gets woody paddle...

tboner... maybe you can get sponsored or something?
Old 06-28-2005   #7

Golden, Colorado
yes. the hoppy penis has been pants-ed... for now. do to several complaints from my boating bros of not being able to read the forum do to nosey and sexualy sensitive and repressed cubicle mates, i had to retire the hoppy penis. i still have it it's just under wraps. but don't worry i let him out every weekend.
Old 06-28-2005   #8

uh tboner i guess you didn't pick up on my sarcasm. keep your penis in your pants there big guy nobody wants to see your ugly penis thing.
david lee roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #9

$80 to have them replace the broken half and put it back together. Might be a bit more now, but that's what they charged me a few years back on my atx.
Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005   #10

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Not to be a complete ass, but AT paddles suck. If you paddle the Ocoee. Gauley or New exclusively, maybe they'll get it done for you. If you plan on hitting rocks anywhere (such as Golden), forget it. I too have broken one on the blade and gotten water into it (AT4). I've also personally watched 4 assorted AT paddles break off Heart Attack on OBJ. Understandably paddles will break off that drop if you put it in your lap, but I've never seen another brand break there. Get a Werner or Woody. I paddled with the cheapie straight shaft Werner for 4 seasons and it's still going strong. I did, however, just break a bent shaft Werner after 15 days paddling, but I believe that they'll warrenty it. I'll keep you all updated....
Woody paddles appear to be great also, but I don't have the bank for one.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote