at what flow does the bottom Golden hole get all wave-like? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-02-2004   #1
Len

Buena Vista, Colorado
at what flow does the bottom Golden hole get all wave-like?

I remember hitting it once or twice last season at high flows when it had a shoulder formed up on the left... anyone know what level that starts forming at?

Reason being... I'm working on a proposal for a whitewater park just outside of Boston, and I'm trying to convey what might be possible (based on typical flows) to the dept. of conservation and recreation.

This stretch of river seems pretty similar in character to the clear creek park only smellier with more sketchy homless people creepin, and the mountain scenery... well, there are no mountains -BUT- it flows pretty regularly at 700-1000 cfs, it is lined with street lights, and there is a brewery around the corner.

-len

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2004   #2

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Len,
I am not really sure what level the shoulder that you are talking about formed. What I can tell you is that the hole Started getting pushy enough to have fun at around 350 cfs. Other folks on this site might have better info for you.

Some where on this site people have published the economic impacts of white water parks on the local economies so that may be a good sell for you to.

Boston seems fairly flat do you have the gradient for something like this?

hope this helps,

benrodda
benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004   #3
dvc

Len:

What river outside Boston? Alewife? Nashua? Concord? Assabet? Mystic? Charles? Connecticut? Ipswich? North River?

Good luck. Work fast, I may be back for a visit this summer.

dvc
dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2004   #4

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Len, you can check out our web site for any info. you might need. Feel free to poach, just don't quote us directly. www.wwparks.com good luck!
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote