April 19th-20th trip ideas? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-28-2008   #1

Golden Paddling Since: 2005
April 19th-20th trip ideas?

My buddy wants to spend his birthday weekend boating and I need your help with some ideas. We are all class 4 yakers but want to take the lady folk along in a raft, so I am looking for ideas of day trips in the greater CO/WY area. Something class 3 or 4 that will have enough water for a raft, we are tolerant of some beer drinking flat water but would like at least a little action for us yakers.

Our current thoughts are:

-BV for Browns (if running, big IF) + Pinnacle on Sunday

-Westwater is out as we could only get a Sunday launch and the drive makes it unreasonable.

-The Snake in Jackson

-The Shoshone of WY, (would this be flowing yet?)

Thanks for all your help!
Tele

teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
There's enough water for a raft in Royal Gorge right now, too, and more than enough fun for yaks.
You might also consider Taos, NM - the flows for Lower Taos Box and Pilar are coming up and are at a decent level - both those runs meet your wish list (except that they're in NM instead of Colo or Wy.) And the Rio could be getting high by late April, depending on weather.
Id725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Browns is raftable right now
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1492
Jesus, teletumbler, where the hell do you live??? Jackson OR Cody????? Don't waste your time, it's still full-on winter up here in Jackson. We got 7" last night, with another 12-24" predicted for the mountains thru Sunday evening. We're leaving here to find boating, have a Salt trip in two weeks.
I wouldn't consider coming to Jackson this year before mid-May at the very EARLIEST....... then it's going to GO OFF!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teletumbler View Post
My buddy wants to spend his birthday weekend boating and I need your help with some ideas. We are all class 4 yakers but want to take the lady folk along in a raft, so I am looking for ideas of day trips in the greater CO/WY area. Something class 3 or 4 that will have enough water for a raft, we are tolerant of some beer drinking flat water but would like at least a little action for us yakers.

Our current thoughts are:
-BV for Browns (if running, big IF) + Pinnacle on Sunday

-Westwater is out as we could only get a Sunday launch and the drive makes it unreasonable.

-The Snake in Jackson

-The Shoshone of WY, (would this be flowing yet?)

Thanks for all your help!
Tele
Old 03-28-2008   #5

Cody, Wyoming
Might be a bit early for the Shoshone they usually start releasing on the 15th of April but its been wet and wintery still and i would say they wont release until later in the month.

Aaron
COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote