Anyone want to help us out this Wed with a shuttle for the Black? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-28-2009   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Anyone want to help us out this Wed with a shuttle for the Black?

Mr Keck, Brodene, and myself are getting in there on Wednesday and need a shuttle. Any chance someone is interested in helping a couple bro's out by getting us back to the put-in early on Wednesday morning?

Are we willing to pay? YES,

Thanks!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2009   #2

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
......shuttle......

....can be tough to organize shuttle....what day you droppin' in?....if all else fails, you have permission to use my "shortcut"....leave a bike at the top of the trail head....it rides pretty good at about 2.5 hrs....look for the brown toilet just past the painted wall(last big portage where christian ran the 25 footer).....look inside the porta--potty and remember what it looks like!!! you will feel like what it looks like as you get about 1/3 of the way out WARNER TRAIL....ps, my shortcut ain't easy....may cause fetal positioning, nausea, crazy talk, religious talk, swearing, shitting, weight loss, vomiting, blisters, cramping, dehydration, or may cause you to feel like a super hero, a cage fighter who just whacked ANDERSON SILVA, a green beret, a strong man competitor, a ironman sporto or just a regular guy that couldn't find a shuttle....trod-lo
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #3

Milo... This is f'n HEEE LARIOUS...

So, we are heading out on Tuesday from front range, hoping to put in on Wed early, out on Thursday. Know anyone that might want to help out?
Weather looks a bit rough. Highs of 60 in Montrose has me scratching my chin a bit. Probably a good bit cooler in the canyon. Lows in the mid 30's aint making me to fired up either! Fetal positioning, crazy talk, vomiting. But that is just from the bad Pad Thai I had for lunch. I think?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2009   #4

I'd say the temps in the M Box were no cooler than temps in Montrose last weekend.

It's nice to be in there with cooler temps so you don't sweat your ass off on the portage and chukar hike. Cave camp is super sheltered from the elements and there is also a cave near beach camp that is pretty sheltered. I was too hot in a 20 deg bag on Sat. night.

You should definitely get in there. In another month when the entire state is dry you'll definitely regret not dropping in to the Black Chasm at perfect flows. The zone around cave camp is truly one of the most spectacular places in Colorado.
Old 09-28-2009   #5

Student
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
Tyson is right. The canyon is spectacular and the whitewater is top notch. I would suggest recruiting another person who knows the canyon a little better. It will probably help with picking out lines on the rapids and will also make the portage CONSIDERABLY easier.
Old 09-28-2009   #6

Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkayaker13 View Post
Tyson is right. The canyon is spectacular and the whitewater is top notch. I would suggest recruiting another person who knows the canyon a little better. It will probably help with picking out lines on the rapids and will also make the portage CONSIDERABLY easier.

Come on Christian, you are a senior, you can miss a couple classes. seriously.
crackeryaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #7

Student
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
I wish i could, but the 100+ page report that I am writing is telling me I should not. LOL, hopefully next time.
Old 09-28-2009   #8

You are telling me there isn't one boater/non boater in the montrose area that doesn't want to make a quick $100.00 "THE EASY WAY"!!! HA

Really though, what is the shuttle... an hour and a half?

Bueller?
Old 09-28-2009   #9

Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkayaker13 View Post
I wish i could, but the 100+ page report that I am writing is telling me I should not. LOL, hopefully next time.
Way to be all responsible like. What about T.J. hooker, he's a bum isn't he??
crackeryaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Sorry brahden, I got to much class as well, you have to study up to learn to wipe ass.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote