Anyone need some welding plastic??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-16-2010   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Anyone need some welding plastic???

I've got 4 cracked hulls with no guts in them sitting in my garage. 3 nomads and one jefe grande. I'm moving and want to get rid of them. If anyone wants one of the shells for plastic welding let me know. Does anyone recycle plastic kayaks? I'm in Denver. None of the hulls are repair worthy as they all have holes cut out or mega cracks in them.

Ian
303-907-1373

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Ian I'm interests in the grande....
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #3

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
I'd also like a chunk of the Grande. Do you know the kind of plastic? If it's HDPE it can be recycled.
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010   #4

Denver, Colorado
Mike, grande is yours if you want it. Shoot me a PM or give me a ring. Hojo, if mike doesn't want it, you can have it. Want to get rid of the whole boat, not just chunks.

They are linear boats... HDPE. The plastic can be recycled, but not sure where to take it for recycling. I could cut it up to bits and put it in the recycle bin, but that would take some time.
Old 10-18-2010   #5

Bozeman, Montana
Gotta figure out how to get it now.. hojo have at it as long as you know what you are doing.... keep brands same
Old 10-19-2010   #6

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Mike/Ian. I can get it no sooner than thursday afternoon. Mike, I'll keep it on hand and you can have as much as you want if we ever make it to the same river at the same time. Sound good?
Old 10-19-2010   #7

Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Ian,
Would love to get one or two of the nomads if no one else is interested. My wife wants to make hanging planters out of a boat or two. I am off the next three days and can pick-up at pretty much any time. Thanks
Old 10-19-2010   #8

Denver, Colorado
Hojo, come get the grande and Mike can get some chunks next time he is in CO. After thursday is fine.. I'll be around this weekend. Just give me a call and we can figure it out.

Powdahound... at least one of the nomads has enough of the hull together that it could be used as a hanging planter. The other two nomads have some significant holes in them. One nomad has a 2'X3' hole in the bottom from when I tried a double hull experiement (ala titanic) that didn't work. Another nomad has a face and arms cut out of it... it was the bailey fest camp mascot. These two would work fine for planters on the ground but would likely not work for hanging planters. You are welcome to come take a look and see what you want.

Thanks fellas...
Old 10-19-2010   #9

Bozeman, Montana
Nice paddling with you this year and thanks and Congrats with baily fest.. now we need a sweet race in wyo...