Anyone know where the "Sac Hole" outside Sacrement - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-12-2006   #1

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Anyone know where the "Sac Hole" outside Sacrement

Anyone know where the "Sac Hole" outside Sacremento is? Headed out for t giving and want to do some playin.

CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2006   #2

It's just a bit upstream from where Sunrise Blvd crosses the American River in Fair Oaks.

If you want more specific directions, send me a PM and I'll give you my son's e-mail. He can give you all the specifics.

You could also post your message on boof.com, that should get you plenty of responses.

Mike
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006   #3

nerd
I think it's called San Juan Rapid and how well its working depends a lot on the flow. My brother lives pretty close to the hole and if you want I can check on how well it's going right now.

It's a little bit of a walk to the hole from the closest parking and last I heard they were having a lot of trouble with breakins at both of the closest parking lots. Don't leave anything of obvious value in view from your windows.
westfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006   #4

El Juanita

Its not in... needs to be lower than 2 g's. Everybody seems to think that it may not be in at all as high spring waters may have changed it...

http://www.caliproduct.com/forums/in...?showtopic=237

http://cacreeks.com/amer-low.htm

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ca/nwis/uv...meter_cd=00060

Everybody is going to "Barking Dog" now on the South Fork of the American by Camp Lotus(flows from 1000- 2000)
Golder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #5

It is not upstream from Sunrise it is downstream. It has been too long to give good directions, but the last time I was there my car was broken in to. I think there is a park on the north side of the river that you can park in and carry down and maybe not have your car broken into. I seem to recall Banner Park but I'm probably completely off. If you want to chance the south side I recall El Manto or something similar and then you have to paddle upstream. Anyone in Sac. can give directions to San Juan Rapids.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006   #6

Evergreen, Colorado
went to Sac hole, saw dead fish and homeless people

I went there, saw nothing but dead fish and homeless people. It is a nice trail system down by the river there. I pushed westward and went out in the waves at Stinson Beach, Ocean Beach in San Fran and Pacifica which was really fun. The surfers in Northern Cali actually smile at the kayakers-at least the ones I encountered.
Old 12-05-2006   #7

Evergreen, Colorado
went to Sac hole, saw dead fish and homeless people

I went there, saw nothing but dead fish and homeless people. It is a nice trail system down by the river there. I pushed westward and went out in the waves at Stinson Beach, Ocean Beach in San Fran and Pacifica which was really fun. The surfers in Northern Cali actually smile at the kayakers-at least the ones I encountered.
Old 12-05-2006   #8

RIP good buddy...

actually, I am sorry to say that San Juan passed away this past winter in the high water floods we had out here. The Juan use to be good from 1400-2200, now it is apparently worthless at all flows. I only know first hand at 1900 and 1800, but have friends who have been there at a large range of flows this fall and all accounts agree, the Juan is dead.
You can do half a flat spin on it now....but then you wash off. It isnt much good for anything else. Supposedly there is a flow which is still good, but it was supposed to be 2000 which wasnt... so i dont know what it is, heard maybe 2200. If you still want directions check out: http://www.awetstate.com/AmericanSJ.html
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote