Anyone know if Lower Mesa is running? Or PNW is running? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-15-2011   #1

Farmington, Utah
Paddling Since: 2009
Anyone know if Lower Mesa is running? Or PNW is running?

Checking Eddy Flower is says it is at 1300cfs which is a pretty good flow. http://eddyflower.com/CountryDetail....tateId=7#/home

I also heard Murtaugh is in. With my birthday around the corner I am wanting to hit a few things. I was thinking PNW. I am getting mixed reports from nothing is running, white salmon is running, but nothing else, or it should rain any time. If I am not on at least class IV on my birthday that will suck indeed, and I am willing to travel to make that happen. Any Oregon boaters know if the white salmon, or little white will be in next week.

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011   #2

Farmington, Utah
Seems like both the AW, and the Eddyflower gauge are reading the same now, but if anyone lives up that way I would love to know for sure. I may head up that way.
Old 11-15-2011   #3

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2003
It is about to turn cold with possible snow here in Seattle. Runs like Robe canyon and Ernie's here in the Seattle area are in, but will soon be out if it gets as cold as it is supposed to. Not sure about the white salmon, but I bet there is something to be had there. Most people will likely be skiing though, may be hard to find people to boat with.
JEhlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
i was thinking about getting clay down there for a lap to.. we will see what the weather is like.. quake was still good last i checked, and im kinda thinking some of them waterafalls on that there missouri river will be huckable if need be for an early morning lap..plus beartrap is still good flow for winter. gallatin is runnable in kayaks.. pots is still holding at elf flow not quite leif flows..plenty of water up this way
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #5

Duluth, Minnesota
Paddling Since: 2007
If the green is in it should be easy to hook up with people. I'm not sure what else will be in but you can always hit up professor paddle to try and find a group.
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #6

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
I hear its been raining in Hood River, and supposed to rain more. I see that EF Lewis bumped to 800 yesterday, which would be a decent enough level. 600 is bumpy in spots, but the rapids and drops are still clean.
USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 14222500 EAST FORK LEWIS RIVER NEAR HEISSON, WA

Sounds like Canyon Creek is in (the one near Portland), and the Truss if you're up for that.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #7

Farmington, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
i was thinking about getting clay down there for a lap to.. we will see what the weather is like.. quake was still good last i checked, and im kinda thinking some of them waterafalls on that there missouri river will be huckable if need be for an early morning lap..plus beartrap is still good flow for winter. gallatin is runnable in kayaks.. pots is still holding at elf flow not quite leif flows..plenty of water up this way
Where are these located ?
Old 11-16-2011   #8

Riverdale, Utah
Mad Mile on the Gallatin is near Big Sky, Montana.
Funny there is a picture of you FSM, on this Gallatin description:
Untitled Page
Eddyflower still has their pictures scrambled.
Old 11-16-2011   #9

Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Your PNW beta is correct: the Truss is running and everything else is a definite maybe with this weather coming in. Probably a little early for L-Dub above 3.0, as that usually needs a few storm cycles before it comes up (weird plumbing on that side of Adams). Murtaugh is running at about 6,000, which is a really fun medium level. Lower Mesa should be low but runnable. NF Payette is still ELFable too.

If the Truss sounds good to you, then I'd gamble on the Hood River zone because the wet weather seems to be rolling in on the regular.
Old 11-17-2011   #10

Riverdale, Utah
Wow! 530 cfs to 2130 cfs in 6 hours? Sounds like a little rain going on!
USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 14222500 EAST FORK LEWIS RIVER NEAR HEISSON, WA

This Wind [email protected] Stabler gauge is not updating; what is a better one?
https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/wrx/wrx/...=29C100#block2