Anyone know a guide or a company that guides? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-26-2008   #1

Anyone know a guide or a company that guides?

Coming to Colorado in June for business. I am a class II-III boater and was wondering if anyone knows of a place to rent boats and guides for a few days. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

adam

coordinatesX1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I recommend Confluence Kayaks if your coming through Denver, they have the gear and guides. Should be able to set you up. I used to work/guide for them so I am biased but believe they run a good shop.

The guide part can be tricky, if the river is permitted, then only guides authorized to work that section are the only ones "legally" able to take paying customers on it.

Ark=Dvorak guides and couple others last time I checked.
Poudre= Poudre River Kayak
Confluence= We guided on clear creek, south platte up by deckers, and would get some permits on the Ark through other companies....

My favorite was you never had paying customers, just some friends out for a float
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakfreakus View Post
I recommend Confluence Kayaks if your coming through Denver, they have the gear and guides. Should be able to set you up. I used to work/guide for them so I am biased but believe they run a good shop.

The guide part can be tricky, if the river is permitted, then only guides authorized to work that section are the only ones "legally" able to take paying customers on it.

Ark=Dvorak guides and couple others last time I checked.
Poudre= Poudre River Kayak
Confluence= We guided on clear creek, south platte up by deckers, and would get some permits on the Ark through other companies....

My favorite was you never had paying customers, just some friends out for a float
Dude thanks for the info!

Any links for these places?
coordinatesX1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008   #4

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Confluence Kayaks - Denver Kayak Instruction

Arkansas River Rafting - Dvorak Expeditions

Poudre River Kayaks ran out of the Mountain Shop which closed its doors, cant fins anything on them, maybe some else will know about up north guides, maybe RMA:

Colorado White Water Rafting | Colorado Fly Fishing | Learn Whitewater Kayaking - Rocky Mountain Adventures

There are a bunch more out there I am sure as well.
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #5

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Poudre River Kayaks was taken up by the filthy bagger Brian K who can be found on this very website under the same name. I would give you his number but then you might steal his Identity. I used to work for PRK and I would take you down "Colorado's only federally designated Wild and Scenic River" as a "friend" if you want.
PM me if you like
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #6
Mr. Gphunk

Breckenridge/Ft. Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
BrianK

This guy is pretty cool but you might consider getting his brother as a guide. Its all the Kelly at about 1/2 the price. Just a thought?
Old 03-26-2008   #7

As mentioned above Poudre River Kayaks will be back in business under new management this summer. A website with updated information will be up shortly. All of the companies above will offer great instruction. The poudre is a great river to learn and advance on with sections of every ability close to Fort Collins. You can reach me at 970-988-9596 with any questions.
brian
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #8

Leadvillian, Colorado
Congratulations Brian

Glad to hear the PRK permit lives! There's lots of potential there, best of luck.
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #9

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
gphunk you toothless bastard, are you still teaching or did you get canned for pushing the other kind of rubber with your students?
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #10

student
My guiding services run a little over half the price of Kelly senior its true. Basically you you get the same Kelly experience without having to listen or follow brian for 2 hours.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote