Anybody want to hire me.... - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-23-2005   #1

Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Anybody want to hire me....

....to do something fun and make decent money? ARRRRGGHHHH I can't stand my job.

I'm smart, educated, experienced in I.T. and marketing. Somebody should hire me to do anything at all except the stupid crap I've been doing, I'd be good at it!

WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005   #2

Duhrango
All my positions are on the front range. May not work for a valley boy.
Old 08-23-2005   #3

Eagle County, Colorado
I did the front range thing once, don't know if I could move back there. Maybe I should move to "Montucky" where things are cheaper than Vail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005   #4

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
WL,
If you find something-- anything-- that pays the bills and leaves a few $$ left over for play, I'll be happy to split the job with ya'!! I could use a change of pace... and scenery.... and geographic location... and..... well, just about everything! LOL

All my experience is in healthcare, I have several years' legal researcher experience on federal issues regarding healthcare, legal asst/ paralegal exp on malpractice/ contracts/ operations (in healthcare), and am currently doing strictly operational (healthcare) research. I've been a jack-of-all-trades in my current job, though, doing everything from marketing to graphics to layout (PR) to illustration to web-hosting to classroom facilitation and copywriting/ editorial duties. So who wants to move me to CO to work??
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #5

Eagle County, Colorado
YOu can have my job!

With all the experience, I'm sure you could do just about anything.
Old 08-23-2005   #6

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
you know what they say though.....
jack of all trades, master of none....??
<*sigh*>

As kind as it is to offer me your job though, WL, I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully decline.... you probably have good reason for thinking it sucks, and as nice as it would be to move to CO, I'm afraid I just can't justify trading one sh!t job for another right now! LOL

(at this point, slinging beers and/ or swinging around a brass pole are looking pretty good in comparison, if that's any indicator....)
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #7

Eagle County, Colorado
I'm too hairy to swing around on poles.

Ski Instruction and Raft Guiding are starting to sound good to me. Only problem is I have a Vail Valley mortgage payment. I guess I could sell it, but it is the only investment I've ever made that had some serious growth. Now everything is almost too expensive for me to ever get back into if I sold!
Old 08-23-2005   #8

engineer
I need my lawn mowed, and a new fence errected around the property... I will pay you $10/hour...
bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #9

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
The problem is that the "cool" jobs in the "fun" industries tend to pay squat; at least in Colorado. I had marketing positions in the outdoor industry for the last four years, and left them to go make more money and get better benefits in a different industry (tech). There are a few exceptions I suppose, but generally similar titles in other industries make significantly more (20% +) and tend to have better mobility in the long run. I looked for awhile to get into a different outdoor company, but the scenarios with pay were still bleak compared to other options & most opportunites were out-of-state. Plus, outdoor companies tend to have very low turnover in upper management, so upward career moves take a measure of patience that exceeds my limits. Hell- I had NO VACATION the first year in an outdoor rec company, worked about 200 hours out of a regular workweek with no compensation, all while making barely enough to afford a house in Denver. (Ironic, huh? Espousing a lifestyle of 'getting outdoors' while refusing their employees that lifestyle.) They know that there's a line out the door of folks who will take a pay cut and work their ass off for a "fun" company. Not to say it wasn't all bad- I got tsome good experience and had some fun.

Now that I have access to the pro deals through friends in the industry, I can go out and actually try to get ahead. Just a word of caution- maybe your job isn't that fulfilling, but it could be worse- you live in a mountain town and own your own place.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #10

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Newby, if you are female, please send me a photo via PM. :P
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote