Any paddlers from Western NC? - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-14-2013   #1

Asheville, North Carolina
Any paddlers from Western NC?

Hi Guys,
Just curious if there are any paddlers on here from the Western North Carolina area. I am a professional adventure sport and outdoor lifestyle photographer that just moved to the Asheville area. I am looking to get in contact with anyone doing white water paddling in the area that would be cool with me shooting stock imagery of them, also if anyone has any interesting trips or note worthy descents coming up I would be interested in documenting it and getting a writer involved for possible editorial pieces. Appreciate it and even if your not super experienced I would still be interested in shooting you for stock imagery, im willing to provide some professional quality prints as well if interested. My website is Avid Photographic Commercial and Adventure Lifestyle Photography

Thanks,
Jim

jimd118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013   #2

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
Shoot, you prolly couldn't swing a cat w/o hitting a paddler in that town. Look up the Green River narrows and hike down there one afternoon. The kayak manufacturer, Liquid Logic is in the neighborhood. Maybe go talk to them.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #3

Boater talk.com
nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013   #4

Asheville, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacc View Post
Shoot, you prolly couldn't swing a cat w/o hitting a paddler in that town. Look up the Green River narrows and hike down there one afternoon. The kayak manufacturer, Liquid Logic is in the neighborhood. Maybe go talk to them.

Yeah without a doubt, I know theres a great community down here and you can almost always catch people going down the narrows. I am hoping to get in contact with some paddlers though as anything I shoot is useless without a release. Narrows is hard to catch people after and get the signed. Ideally would like to get a local group thats active and once they sign they are good so I can shoot anytime they are out. I will also contact liquid logic and see if they have any locals they can send my way.
jimd118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #5

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
Go to LL's facebook page and get in touch with those guys. They're cool people. Prolly pretty helpful too.....or go by one of the shops in town and ask around.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Although I've been in out here in Colorado for an extended 2 year vacation now... I'm a kayaker and climber from Blowing Rock which is about 2000 feet higher and 2 hours north of Asheville. My suggestion is to go by Nantahala Outdoor Center and speak with those guys. Put your name out there and let em' know what you're in to. And if you're ever further up north around my area of Boone/Blowing Rock, stop by Footsloggers and do the same. Lower Western N.C caters mostly to whitewater. Upper Western N.C. would be climbing. You've definitely landed on the East Coast mecca of outdoor sport.
blkhrtnblueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #7

welch, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1976
Memorial day on the Nantahala will be great and tons of family paddlers will be there . We will be at deep creek camp ground drop by Camp site 14
ranchman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #8

welch, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1976
Oh and we will put you in one of our many rafts!! Whole family of rafters
ranchman44 is offline   Reply With Quote