Originally Posted by dkelley
Hearsay? The individual that informed us of the situation was the one threatened by this man and the eyewitness accounts of the scenerio happened minutes after the event. Lastly, my friend and my community are definitely MY BUSINESS.
Yes, hearsay. I was the closest witness to the incident, as I was in the eddy, facing the dogs, about 5 feet away from them. Here's where your account is wrong:
1. The dog belonging to alleged "kicker" was
on a leash.
2. The other dog was left unattended, tied to a tree.
3. The dog that was tied to the tree viciously attacked the dog that was on the leash.
4. The owner of the leashed dog had to pull them apart. His dog was slightly injured, and it could have been worse. He was understandably angry about his dog being attacked, and after pulling the dogs apart, kicked at
the leashed dog, but didn't hurt it (the dog didn't yelp or act hurt in any way.)
To the person who left their dog tied to a tree, unattended:
1. If you really cared for your dog you wouldn't leave it unattended. It could have been stolen, or attacked by another animal, without it's owner their to take care of him. I feel very sorry for your dog.
2. If you cared about the other people who use the park, you wouldn't leave your dog unattended. What if that had been a small child that was attacked by your dog?
3. If you cared about the other dogs in the park, you wouldn't leave your dog unattended. A little while later a golden lab walked by, and your dog tried to attack that dog also.
4. If I ever see another dog tied up and unattended at the park, I will get out of the river, get my cell phone, and call animal control. Irresponsible dog owners like yourself need to be controlled.