And the winner is.... - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-27-2007   #1
JJH

And the winner is....

Big congratulations to Evan Stafford aka(Riverwrangler / Dotcom). Enjoy the belt buckle "Gnarrows Champ"

with Leif, JJ and Frenchy right behind him. (brutal start, pics to come)

I know all the racers had a great time, but more importantly I think the spectators were thrilled with the exciting boater cross.

This year we had two rounds of boater cross, the 'runners up' and the 'finals'. The runners up had a sweet race, with several lead changes all the way till Adrian Matthews overtook Peter at the very last moment. EXCITING!!

Thanks to everyone for all the safety and coming up to support the race. It was a blast.

Austin from Laramie, thanks for coming and Patrick from the Fort way to step up and run uppers for the first time during the race. You guys rock.. Hopefully next year we can have three heats or something.

**We also hope everyone outside of the Fort realizes that the comments leading up to the race were all in good brotherly love... (possibly over the top). In the end it is all about the fC crew and the river community getting together to celebrate a good season.... til next year...

JJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
Awesome race! Congrats to Evan. Adrian, nice move at the finish.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #3

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
**We also hope everyone outside of the Fort realizes that the comments leading up to the race were all in good brotherly love... (possibly over the top). In the end it is all about the fC crew and the river community getting together to celebrate a good season.... til next year...
What? the rest of the state doesn't sh*t talk.....Please

Frontrange
frontrangefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007   #4

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Here are some pics courtesy of Nichole Marcillac to wet your appetite. Look for the full story early next week. Things got pretty exciting this year - especially when you know who dropped into the mix trying to spice things up. Thanks to everyone who came out and raced, ran volunteer safety, or just watched the action unfold. Patrick and Austin, mad props. I'll be proudly wearing the buckle and walking the talk till next year. Thanks JJ for making the prize worth all the smack talk. You get the racer with the cutest kid award fo sure. Bluegrass on Sunday, No Doubt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0055.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	169   Click image for larger version

Name:	messatwhiteline.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	170  

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0118.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	171  
Old 07-27-2007   #5

That was A LOT of fun!

Thanks to everyone that came up and ran saftey!

Three weeks of training down the drain for the Lief show.

Two pair of hot pants got spanked!

They might be bald but they are fast!

I think what J.J. is saying front range fred, it that of all the shit talked on the buzz; your never going to get a phone call from one of us about it. I can't say that it's the same for the folk in your neck of the woods. Their feathers get a little ruffeled and the cell phone bill goes up. just a little disclaimer that's all.

Peaches, for not even showing up you sure did a bit of shit talking. What happend last night, rollerblading is not that cool, get your priorites straight.

Rando your wife is so pissed that you have to have a dirty lip for 30 full glorious days. I want pictures, lots of pictures.
Old 07-27-2007   #6

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
lotsaalmostwonbutchokedattheend - I think there's been enough shit talking about the race and the pictures have and will speak for themselves. Don't make me play my hand cause I'm holding 4 aces.

Thanks for everyone for showing up, setting safety, taking pictures, and cheering us on. I had a great time even if I didn't win and I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully next year we won't scare any 303 residents away with 6 pages of smack talk and people who do lay down the smack actually have the skills to back it up and show up to the race. You know who are people and we are not going to let you live it down.
Old 07-27-2007   #7

Steamboat, Colorado
Wow, ultra classic event up there last night. Kayaking IS a contact sport.. who would a known!? Can't wait to see more photos of the pile-ups on Super Collider, Whiteline, and Lower Narrows.

Next year lets get for sure get some 8-balls in the lower narrows!!! Those final heats were just a little too boring for spectators on shore. Some added spice would be good
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #8

Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
That was off the hizook fun guys, what happens when 5 people all try to hit the lower narrows boof at the same time. CLuster^%#.

Yes I was upside down in the middle of lower narrows in last place and when my prayers were answered and sweet little baby jesus came down and parted the river for me to pass all. As I passed Lotsa on the final turn his exact words were 'no FUCKING way' - classic, I had to grin.

Cheers to all for racing especially Patrick and Austin.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #9

yourrealkayaker

Did someone say hot pants??

holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #10

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1994
Thanks a ton for putting it all on and thanks Paul for talking me into racing and not being a sissy. I had a great time. And Evan, if you don't mind some more tagging along I'd love to do Bluegrass on Sunday. Let me know time and anything else and I'd be glad to help with shuttle of anything else.
Austin (from Laramie)
Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote