And let the beatering begin... - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-15-2015   #1

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
And let the beatering begin...

I'm inclined to call helmet-cam dude the beater boater here... what a punk of a paddle buddy! Thoughts?

-$$$

Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2015   #2
addict

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
That Karma is the ugliest kayak ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #3
swimming

Colorado, Colorado
no way. Dude had no business being there obviously. You can only do so much to help someone and they have to help themselves. I would have gotten him to shore where he was safe and told him good luck.
BeaterBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2015   #4

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Yeaaaa but...

Don't you think a good conscientious paddle partner would have known beforehand this dude had no business on a Class II section (or in a boat, period)? Not a very friendly way to get a noob to pick up a boating. This guy will probably never get in the water again and pick up knitting or bridge or something instead.

I was laughing at first but ended up feeling bad for this guy because he was obviously stone-frozen with fear. I mean, it is kinda funny, but kinda mean and unfair too...

This clip reminded me of the washing machine swim posted recently; both vids serve as good examples of how low intermediate rapids can still dish out a beating to the wrong paddler and crew. I find it surprising how lightly the folks in these videos seem to take whitewater from a beginner standpoint.
Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #5
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Dudes are best friends since forever. It's class II. I bet the locals swim with their kids down the slides without helmet or PFD at flows like this. I think it's hilarious and no one needs to be apologizing.

Also, the red bull helmet is just a consumer sticker to an indicator of pro status.
Old 03-15-2015   #6

crow, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
I think Ned enjoyed this trip quit a bit more than his last one. Remember, the one Burt Reynolds was leading. Have a feeling Ned is done paddling forever.
jdebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #7

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1492
Shhh, I hear banjo music... paddle (or swim) faster.

Dude must have spent all his money on that expensive, ugly new boat, a full-face helmet, and crankshaft paddle, and he had nothing left to spend on basic kayak skills lessons....lmao.
Old 03-15-2015   #8

montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I get it, Deliverance, I've never heard that one before. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
mikepart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #9

4CRS, Durango, Colorado
WTF. I can't believe I wateched the whole video. I kept waiting for someone to swim over a 50ft'er or something.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #10
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
WTF. I can't believe I wateched the whole video. I kept waiting for someone to swim over a 50ft'er or something.
Gotta have the volume up. Comedy gold.