An heartfelt apology - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-10-2007   #1

An heartfelt apology

to whom is may concern,
My actions at escalate and on mt buzz are no way acceptable. I feel horrible and and wish I could take back everything that I posted and said to people. Guns and drinking should never be mixed under any circumstances and no one should ever have to deal with people doing those things. I really hope everyone that I have up set can forgive me. Im a really a nice easy going person, I sometimes get a little carried away with the things that I say and do. I Really hope everyone can forget this and I would greatly appreciate a second chance with anyone I have upset so much. I would also like to say that that my actions in no way reflect on CKS, Astral, IR, WRSI, and Pyranha. This has been a great learning experience for me, like my friend Alex I should have been less of a jerk and more humble/apologetic. I really have no problem with any one from the front range or any kayaker for that matter, I love meeting new people and paddling with them! My actions on Mt. Buzz no way reflect who I really am, I was just fired up and trying to stir the pot I had no idea my actions would upset so many people. If you take time to get to know me you will easily see this. I can only pray that you believe me and will still approach me. I hope to see all of you on the river! Call me up and I would love to paddle with anyone!
Sincerely,
Conor Finney
970-497-9060

kurfothich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007   #2

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Right on Connor. I know you are a good guy as well. You made some bad decisions but it will pass. Just learn from it. We all make mistakes. I applaud you for sacking up and taking responsability for your actions.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #3

Solid man, better late than never. Now do an AW Fundraiser at FIBARK and I'm sure I can get the folks in the PPWC to forgive and forget...and some of those old bastards know people.

Kombat
New Kayaker, Old Fighter Pilot

PS - If you do decide to do a fundraiser, I volunteer to help. PM me.
kombat32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007   #4

Golden, Colorado
oh dude this is hilarious... this whole thing read like a bad addolecent comic book.. right up to the grand finale of the sound of Conner's balls finally dropping. "plink!" congrats Conner. welcome to the team.. -trev
Old 04-10-2007   #5

Denver, Colorado
You might want to single out Glen in your apology Conor. I think there might have been some behind the scenes PM'ing, particularly about Glen's full name that might be viewed as a threat to him personally... you don't want to let that linger. By the way, I know 3 or 4 "fags" that would love to kick your scrawny ass and are fully capable. I myself as a straight front ranger with gay friends would have left you bleeding in an eddy if I ever ran into you... if you hadn't appologized.

There is no doubting that you were a complete dick in the situation and the fall-out. If what you say in THIS post about your heartfelt appology is genuine, only your future actions will speak for you. Unfortunately, due to your posts as "Thewestisbest" what you say will NOT have any credibility for quite some time. This will all blow over eventually and I'm sure you will learn from this experience just as me and everyone does from thier mistakes. If this one doesn't leave a mark, you will still be an asshole. That is how life works.

Integrity is defined by what you do when you think nobody is watching.
-d
Old 04-10-2007   #6

Solid. but the front ranger's right, elwood is the dude you dissed, so its his forgiveness you ought to seek. Anyway, being humbled sucks, but you came correct, and thats what a Man does. Peace.
Yampaboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #7

Props. SYOTR.

D
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #8

Bloodsport

Kid,

Watching what happened to you today was bloodsport and I don't know how fair some of the posts were. I (and i know many others) here have done worse and gotten away with it, but at one point I had to pay the piper and it was life changing. Didn't figure it out overnight but slowly realized maybe I had fucked up and hurt a lot of folks that didn't ask for it. Took some time to sink in. Best thing you will do for yourself is call the guy you screwed with and apologize and mean it.

If you mean half of what you say and grow into the rest, you will be a better man than many who sat and rang up the 15,000 hits watching your ass getting handed to you. You fucked up and you shouldn't have done any of it and I hope you grow to realize that. Hang in there and instead of thinking "Fuckers breaking my balls", think about how you come out of this stronger, smarter and better. Redemption is powerful.

If not and you are just getting folks off your ass, good luck, won't be fun being you for good reason.

Don't know you Hobie and never met you, but it is good to see someone with a good head and a good heart setting a good example for these young guns. Nice work.

Mike Thurman
mthurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthurman View Post
Kid,

Watching what happened to you today was bloodsport and I don't know how fair some of the posts were. I (and i know many others) here have done worse and gotten away with it, but at one point I had to pay the piper and it was life changing. Didn't figure it out overnight but slowly realized maybe I had fucked up and hurt a lot of folks that didn't ask for it. Took some time to sink in. Best thing you will do for yourself is call the guy you screwed with and apologize and mean it.

If you mean half of what you say and grow into the rest, you will be a better man than many who sat and rang up the 15,000 hits watching your ass getting handed to you. You fucked up and you shouldn't have done any of it and I hope you grow to realize that. Hang in there and instead of thinking "Fuckers breaking my balls", think about how you come out of this stronger, smarter and better. Redemption is powerful.

If not and you are just getting folks off your ass, good luck, won't be fun being you for good reason.

Don't know you Hobie and never met you, but it is good to see someone with a good head and a good heart setting a good example for these young guns. Nice work.

Mike Thurman
Damn!!!! That's solid advice.
farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #10

Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Good word from Mike T.

"Redemption is powerful"

Redemption only demands your pride in exchange.

Conor paid his due.

I feel a freestyle Haiku coming

coner pissed glen off
and many frontrangers too
now he is sorry

yeah that sucked I need to lay off of the tequilla

Grace and peace,

ben
benrodda is offline   Reply With Quote