Am I the only gay kayaker in Colorado? - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Am I the only gay kayaker in Colorado?

I am just finishing up my first season of kayaking since 2007. As I am getting back into the sport I would like to meet some boaters that I have things in common with other than boating. Are there any other gay boaters in Colorado? If so.. I would like to meet up and paddle next season or ski/board over the winter. I recently moved back to Colorado and looking to make outdoor buddies with similar interests.

Brett

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
No, I'm sure your not, and I give you props for speaking up in such a public forum. Good luck finding some like minded individuals.

Hopefully our members can be respectful and keep the flaming to a minimum.
Old 09-07-2014   #3

colorado springs, Colorado
There's a shit ton in the springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014   #4
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
I was actually surprised how supportive the Buzzards were when one of our own recently (and bravely) spoke up about her own recent personal struggles....good on ya and hope you find lots of friends to go sport'n. If I was in the state I'd say let's go shred this winter. Try Monarch, lots of very accepting and friendly locals that ski there....
Old 09-07-2014   #5
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Welcome the the 'buzz and back to Colorado Brett.I hope you find this community to be as great as I have. I don't know any gay kayakers in Colorado, but was inspired to see all the love on here for a transgendered member of the community who came out on a recent thread. Best of luck in finding new friends!
Old 09-07-2014   #6

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjacobs77 View Post
I am just finishing up my first season of kayaking since 2007. As I am getting back into the sport I would like to meet some boaters that I have things in common with other than boating. Are there any other gay boaters in Colorado? If so.. I would like to meet up and paddle next season or ski/board over the winter. I recently moved back to Colorado and looking to make outdoor buddies with similar interests.

Brett
You're gay, not a special needs patient. Try a local bar or ok cupid and dont be so creepy. Your post sounds desperate and chicks/dudes find that to be a big turn off. Good luck my brah.
Old 09-07-2014   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post
You're gay, not a special needs patient. Try a local bar or ok cupid and dont be so creepy. Your post sounds desperate and chicks/dudes find that to be a big turn off. Good luck my brah.
not sure what you're reading into bjacobs77's post but it's nothing what I or others seem to be reading into it. it doesn't seem creepy at all to me, seems like he's trying to find others with a lifestyle more aligned with his own. its also kinda condescending to call the guy creepy, tell him to go somewhere else, then do the "Good luck my brah' move like 'hey everythings ok between us after i just called you creepy and desperate'

there's something about river people you don't find in general when you go to a random bar, or in any other random slice of society. his post kinda struck me like "looking for other boaters that like to play chess" or maybe "looking for christian boaters to do non-boating things with." maybe its as simple as the guy loves the river, is getting settled back in colo and he's just looking for his kind of peeps to hang with.

welcome to the 2014, please get used to it and deal with it.
Old 09-07-2014   #8

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBoater View Post
not sure what you're reading into bjacobs77's post but it's nothing what I or others seem to be reading into it. it doesn't seem creepy at all to me, seems like he's trying to find others with a lifestyle more aligned with his own. kinda struck me like "looking for other boaters that like to play chess" or maybe "looking for other sober boaters to do non-boating things with."

welcome to the 21st century, now please deal with it.
His post reads like "I kayak and like to do gay stuff" It doesn't give you any perspective of his personality. You gotta play it cool. Something like, Im a free spirited dude that runs big water and slays huge lines. Any other guys in the denver area down with hanging out?
Old 09-07-2014   #9

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Nah probably not too many into kayaking, a few rowdy folks on the buzz scare gay boaters into other sports...road-biking is the go-to i think...
Old 09-08-2014   #10

colorado springs, Colorado
I agree with Bucketboater. If you're just looking for people who like to boat, ski, bike and climb that's easy. If your new friends need to be gay, that might be a little harder. Maybe try match.com. In all seriousness, doesn't Sup'ing draw a pretty large LBGT crowd.
Closed Thread